Anyone else not having 3d/4d ultrasound?

Jcliff

Reaction score
My husband and I have decided not to have the 3d/4d ultrasound. Mostly because my Dr doesnt have it at his office and Id have to go a specalist for one. Also, I do not think my insurance covers it. Oh well! :shrug:

I have some 3D pictures but it's only because the machines that I was having ultrasounds on had the capability for it anyway. DH and I had already decided that we wouldn't go through any extra money or effort to get a 4D ultrasound. There's nothing wrong with that!

ye my and dh werent gonna get one...

if we hadnt been at a baby show and they had a special for $30 i wouldnt have bothered...

i love the pics but i wouldnt have paid minimum $100 which is what they are here.

im glad i saw him but i also kinda wish that i had waited coz its a nice surprise to see what they look like. :)

The closest place that will do it is an hour away so we're not doing it. We'll meet her soon enough... and no insurance doesn't cover it.

Nope don't have the money for that and the only one I found that does it is likke an hr and half away and its like 200$

I'm not, to be honest i think the pictures are kinda freaky lol. Want a nice surprise whe baby arrives! X

I was debating it but decided not to. I would have to drive 4 hours and pay $200 (not incl gas etc). I figure I can put that money towards other things for baby and have a nice surprise when he is born! :)

I didn't really have a choice. I was sent to get ultrasounds and never really knew what was going on, and all of the sudden I see the kid in 3D/4D. It's pretty neat, but I'm frugal, so if I had to pay out of pocket, I probably would not have.

I have had so many scans for so many issues that I'm not having a 3d. I have had over 10! My What to Expect suggests limiting to medically necessary scans and we've had so many!!! Also it would be done privately and they are pricey so I doubly can't justify it. Anyway, I think she's been scanned enough and I still have five weeks to go so there could me more coming! My hubby would love one so he's the only one who could sway the situation at this stage.

we are not having one for several reasons. we are team yellow and don't want to accidently find out the sex, and can't justify spending that much money, would rather spend it on something else useful for the baby. I also sometimes think its kind of freaky!! looking forward to finding out what he/she looks like when they arrive :flower:

It's definitely a personal choice and theres no real reason you should feel you need one. For me, I got one from my doctor at 20 weeks because we have some family history that they wanted to do a thorough check with.

I did end up paying for one at 26 weeks, and I don't regret it at all. This is my first baby, and I feel like it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was also a way to get family to bond with baby, as my husband was there along with both of our parents. My MIL never saw an ultrasound before, so she was blown away. it was worth it to me, but insurance didn't cover it so I had to pay for it. But I got tons pf pictures and the DVD of the whole thing so for me it was worth it.

We haven't had one either pregnancy. They cost a lot here, which I would rather spend on the baby anyway and then I also want to wait to see what they look like.

People have said we spoilt the surprise by finding out what we are having but I think seeing them is one step further - and a step I'd rather not take. Just my opinion though. I really don't understand most of the arguements for Team Yellow - getting you through labour for one. Finding out my baby is ok is all the reason I need, not whether they are a boy or a girl :shrug: Again though, just my opinion!

I'm not getting one bc I don't really like them.

I wouldn't get them if my doctor didn't do them as a normal part of later ultrasounds. Nice, but not something I would pay extra for. Some people love them though!

We're not having it done, we can't afford it.

We didn't have it done for babies 1 and 2. We did have it done for baby 3 and felt the cost wasn't justified. So now with number 4 we're back to not having it done.

We would have to book a special appointment at a different location and pay for it. It was automatically done with my DD (which was great to experience) but the OB I'm having this time around doesnt offer one. I must admit, initially I was a little disappointed with not getting one this time around....... But not disappointed enough to pay even more than i already am, lol. I do love the positive spin you girls have put on it by saying its more of a surprise when he's born. Thanks! :flower: As of Monday, I also will have had 9 ultrasounds.... And they are at least every 2 weeks now til bubba is born. I'll get to see him enough. :cloud9:

My dad offered to get us one but we declined and said can he get us a cotbed instead, ha ha! I think they're lovely but personally, I'd like the first time I see my little girl's face to be after she pops out. Plus, man, the cost! SO expensive. But I do understand why people get them done, so tempting!

Were not either, I cant justify £110 when that money could go so far at the moment and its over an hour away to the office.

My girls and I would like to have one but hubby states its too much money

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"