Anyone else not like prenatal visits?

happynewmom1

Reaction score
I know I'm probably weird here. I also know how important the visits are so I obviously do them without complaints.. I just hate them so much. I don't like being poked or prodded and I don't like it when they feel my stomach and lately it annoys me when they so much as want to look for the heartbeat since she is so so active. And today it took forever for them to find the heartbeat because baby kept kicking them. I also very much don't like being questioned about everything. But I'm a personal person anyway but seriously when is it really nice to have to go over weight and food at every appointment? It makes me so stressed and takes some of the enjoyment out of the pregnancy. Can't stand them... And now every two weeks. Sigh :/ I disliked them with my other two as well but this time it is Irking me more for some reason.

That's the way I felt....until I switched doctors. Sometimes it's better late than never.

Same here, I just got switched to Apts every 2 weeks and I hate going in. I like hearing baby's heartbeat and all but being poked and asked 485479 questions is annoying!

So glad it isn't just me! I've seriously considered changing doctors but there are like 100,000 ob doctors around here and I wouldn't know where to start. I chose this midwife because I thought I would like the smaller atmosphere and such and she is the only midwife close by so was easier choosing. I'm not sure I'd like any at this point though.. I'm over the appointments now lol

I hate them too! I didn't mind with my first, but now I'm at a different hospital and I hate it. I've had 6 different doctors so far, and each time I see a new one I have to go through the same process. They're all acting as if I'm not capable of growing a healthy baby because I'm overweight and my first was such a big baby (9 lbs, big but not particularly massive).

They're constantly running tests on me because there's no way I could be healthy and making me do routine growth scans. Which cost us $50 per scan. It's great to see baby, but is rather not get all these ultrasounds.

I hate them too! I didn't mind with my first, but now I'm at a different hospital and I hate it. I've had 6 different doctors so far, and each time I see a new one I have to go through the same process. They're all acting as if I'm not capable of growing a healthy baby because I'm overweight and my first was such a big baby (9 lbs, big but not particularly massive).

They're constantly running tests on me because there's no way I could be healthy and making me do routine growth scans. Which cost us $50 per scan. It's great to see baby, but is rather not get all these ultrasounds.

Wow that is terrible!!! I'm so sorry you are being treated that way! :( 9 lbs isn't that bad and doesn't make the baby unhealthy. The way it is done there does remind me of how it was with my first though... I had a different doctor pretty much at every appointment.. Hated it too. And the hospital was so horrible when I went in thinking I was in labor that we drove an hour and a half away to his parents place so I could deliver at the hospital there which was amazing. I can't believe how some doctors are to people.. Seriously. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->