Anyone else not that fussed about the new year?

Weenie19

Reaction score
So its New Years Eve and either my hormones have turned me into a grumpy old cow or I'm just a grumpy old cow by nature lol.

Despite being 8 weeks pregnant with my second child (something I feel very blessed about) I do not feel that excited about 2014. I just dont feel anything.

I'm finding my relationship so tough that its near impossible to find joy in anything at the moment.

My partner does not want this child. To please him I would have to do the unmentionable but thats not an option for me. Therefore he is pissed. Our relationship has been a bit off for a little while now with me craving affection and him getting more and more distant. When I said I would consider the unmentionable he was so happy it broke my heart. I realised he had no concern for my feelings both physical or emotional. Other than the birth of my new baby I really dont have anything to look forward to in 2014 - oh I guess becoming a single mum is a possibility lol.

I am sorry to be a party pooper but I actually dont have anyone else to talk to. I feel like I'm drowning in my thoughts with no one to talk to and no one who cares.

See hormonal!!!:haha:

I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I had a miscarriage at the start of the year and my boyfriend at the time was relatively happy about it. The pregnancy wasn't planned and he wanted me to do the unmentionable but I decided against it. Unfortunately it didn't end well because I ended up having a miscarriage at 6weeks 4days. After this, I separated from him and went to a counsellor to help sort myself out.

Remember you are much stronger than you think you are. The future maybe uncertain regarding your relationship but you will have a beautiful new baby in 2014 to look forward to. Take each day at a time. Perhaps try talking to your partner again. I'd suggest seeking professional help for yourself too. Obviously you have several decisions to make and people can help you with this.

Just wanted to send hugs. I was in a similar position to you when I found out I was pregnant but found a charity that offered free counseling on pregnancy choices so that you can put your thoughts and feelings to your OH and just talk about it in a controlled environment - whatever you decide to do. I truely believe that it helped my OH come to terms with the fact I couldn't do the unmentionable & understand the reasons why. Although we're still in a relatively new relationship, we're pretty solid and he's happy about it (although he still has his wobbles!).

See if there is anything similar in your area. You can't stay together if your OH is that unhappy about it. It wouldn't be fair on you or the baby. I was a single mum first time round but had amazing support from my family and friends.

I hope 2014 turns out to be a great one for you. :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: I'm sorry you are going through such an awful time without the support that you need and deserve. I hope that there will be a positive outcome for you in 2014.

That must be such a difficult situation.. Just wanted to send my love and thoughts to you. Whether you're together or apart your partner will hopefully come around to the idea of a new child when the window for the 'procedure' has clsoed and he realises he needs to accept it. But I agree, you need to either get the situation resolved with him or have some time apart and just focus on you and the beautiful baby inside you, because it's not healthy to live in that kind of environment, especially when you're delicate from pregnancy *hugs*
Being a single mum has a bad rep, it may well be a much better situation for everyone if you and your partner are unhappy and you will find the strength and joy to do what you need to do in your new baby's kicks and smiles <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->