Anyone else on their last try?

S

Serene123

I'm pretty sure (99%) that if we have another loss than that's it. It's not fair on either of us, let alone Caitlyn who has to live with a devistated mummy for a week or more.

I'm sure we'll try again in the future, but right now I'm not sure I could deal with more than 3 miscarriages...

You hear that stalk? I want a STICKY baby this time for the sake of my mental health!!

I'm wishing for a sticky one for you hun after all you've been through x

Really feel for you hun. I'm currently getting over a mmc, I think I'd be same as you - only so much heartache you can cope with :( sending you lots of hugs xx

Only you know how you feel. I had 6 miscs before our first daughter and know how tough it can be.Time is on your side and having a break may be a good thing. All the best for the future

I had 3 miscarriages in a year we decided to ttc when my daughter was 4 it destroyed me so i took a year off to recover and spend quality time with my other kids. Then i got a suprise bfp just as we were thinking we wouldn't bother ttc as the age gap would be to big and now i have a gorgeous son. I really needed that time off to find myself again if you know what i mean i had become so obssessed and trapped in the cycle of ttc getting that bfp loosing the baby and trying again.

I'm 33 and had my MMC last March, i'm still not pregnant now (largely due to OH living abroad for months, but who knows?) and i keep on thinking that i just need to conceive so that if we have to get through another MC or two (before they will investigate) and it takes this long to conceive aaaaand i want 2 babies... I am just running out of time:cry:

To be honest, i think if we had another MC then i am not really sure if i could face TTC again, i just don't know. I keep trying to convince myself that i will have to be strong and not get too attached when i do get a BFP until we see a heartbeat, does that sound cold? I just don't think i could get through that pain again. I have the La Roux song in my head 'this time, baby, i'll beeeee bulletproof'. Silly, eh? :blush:

As you can see, i am so unsure about things i change my stance mid-sentance!:haha:

How do you get through mutliple MCs? Did you allow yourself to get attached and excited each time, or did you prepare for the worst? I'm so sorry that this is such a personal question, i am just so scared of how i will feel when i eventually see another BFP...

m X

I never really believed the second? I "knew" something was wrong, which sounds silly, and I probably didn't, but to me I knew, and when it happened it was what I expected. I was upset, and I did cry, but it wasn't as hard as the first time by far. The first one I was naive, I thought as soon as I got pregnant after trying for so long I could breathe a sigh of relief. The second time I knew what could happen, and next time I am expecting the same. I really hope things are different, and with my miscarriages I haven't made it past 5 weeks, so I'm hoping I'll be able to believe it at around 8 weeks this time.. if I get there.

I couldn't imagine having more than 3, although I am feeling quite numb to it now (which is a lot more cold than what you said by a mile)

thanks for being honest, Toriaaa, i don't think you sound cold at all - feeling numb is probably your self-defense mechanism kicking in.

I cannot imagine feeling relaxed or prepared to believe that everything will go well, which sounds so terribly negative. But. it's just the way it is. Deep down in my heart i believe that i will hold my own baby in my arms one day, but i can no longer imagine a happy, breezy pregnancy...

Good luck to us all! :thumbup:

Aw hun, i feel for you its hard. I have had 2 mc my last being 2 weekends ago, but i have had a healthy baby in between so it has not been as hard. I was shocked when i miscarried as i felt the same as when i was preg with my son i could have sworn that everything would be fine. Its a shocker and does leave you feeling very numb indeed. I am trying right now and hope that number 1 i can get preg again and number 2 that this time it will be ok.

I hope that the next time for you everything is different and i hope you have a sticky bean. Fingers crossed for you! I can understand what you mean though and yes you may need to have a wee time out to enjoy being you and a family again. Best of luck!

toria - a break can be really good for you - I took one last year after 2 consecutive MMCs. It helped me a bit, but nothing can really take the fear and pain away that we feel even if we are numb and don't cry! I'm starting to feel the same way as you because my LO is so desperate for a little brother or sister and keeps asking if I have one in my tummy for her and I feel it's really affecting her happiness because Mummy is actually very sad ( and arguing a lot with Daddy which doesn't help). Well done you if you managed to only let it affect you for a week or so - I'm heading towards a year now! It's a ctach 22 really - would she better off with a Mum who's ok and focussed on her or is it worth the dificult times to hopefully get what we want in the end? I wish I knew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->