Anyone else only have one ovary??

poppygirl05

Hubby and I
Reaction score
I had my right ovary removed in august because it twisted. Wondered if anyone else in is that boat.

I am not exactly in the same boat; I do have one ovary, my other one is lost in ectopic pregnancy. Currently we are NTNP.
A woman has two ovaries that are connected by the fallopian tubes to either side of the uterus. The ovaries take turns, though not in any particular order, releasing an egg, a process known as ovulation. When one ovary is removed, the other one picks up the slack in producing hormones and you ovulate from that one ovary every month. So, in most situations, getting pregnant with one ovary is not only possible, but no more difficult than if you had two ovaries provided you have your fallopian tube intact.
Unfortunately, several studies shows that women with only one ovary may also be more likely to conceive children with Down's Syndrome. Additionally, you may experience a normal, age-related loss of fertility sooner, since your body only has half of the eggs. So you need to surround you self with good supportive team of doctors. If women with a single ovary have tried unsuccessfully to conceive for a period of one year to 15 months, they are advised to seek advice from a fertility expert and to consider fertility treatments such as IVF or IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->