Anyone else overdue?

Mazzymoo

Pregnant with first
Reaction score
So I'm 2 days overdue and very fed up! Been counting down the days to the first of May since we found out at the end of August! Now 1st May has come and gone and still no sign of baby! :(

I know she'll come when she's ready (blah blah blah) but I'm so fed up waiting! Had sweep on Tuesday and it gave me a few cramps but they went away! Also lost some mucus plug yesterday and a bit today. That's it- no other signs!!

I so want to have baby this weekend! Induction booked for 13 May- can't wait that long!! :(

Have tried loads of things like walking, clary sage, rlt... Doubt any of them work though!

Add to this that I have the most horrific toothache! :( dentist can't do anything until baby comes (can't X-ray to see the problem) and paracetamol just isn't doing the trick!!

Anyone else overdue and fed up? Xx

Meee. I'm 3 days overdue. Last baby was 11 days overdue and I tried literally everything with her so I'm not optimistic :( x

I really could not have imagined going over due, I was REALLY fed up already at 30 weeks. Can you not request an induction sooner then May 13th since you're already over due now? That sounds like a really long time to wait when you've been over due for two days already. That would put you at 12 days overdue which seems over excessive to me! I hope your LO comes soon. :hugs:

I really could not have imagined going over due, I was REALLY fed up already at 30 weeks. Can you not request an induction sooner then May 13th since you're already over due now? That sounds like a really long time to wait when you've been over due for two days already. That would put you at 12 days overdue which seems over excessive to me! I hope your LO comes soon. :hugs:

I did request to get induction earlier but the midwife said the policy dictated that that's the earliest I can get induction! :( she said they don't like inductions as they can be risky! But I agree that it's so excessive! :( I'm so massive and just want my little girl here now! :,(

Meee. I'm 3 days overdue. Last baby was 11 days overdue and I tried literally everything with her so I'm not optimistic :( x

Oh no- 11 days overdue sounds like torture! But I've a horrible feelings I'm going to go over by loads too! :( hopefully were wrong! Xx

Hi lady's I'm a week overdue!!! Really fed up now and just want this little man out, I have tried everything and have been booked in for induction next Wednesday. Today I have been very crampy and the tightening has defo been more noticeable today but still bet nothing happens over the weekend !!!!

I'm 9 days over with first baby :-(

Induction is booked for Monday unless he/she makes an appearance - fingers crossed!

So how's everyone getting on now? I'm still waiting! Nothing happening apart from very occasional and very mild period type pains! But they're so mild they're almost non existent! :cry:

I just keep getting bigger and bigger! :(

Trying to fill my days to make time pass quicker but I've got to the point where I don't want to go out or see anyone as I feel like a big whale and I'm uncomfortable and I'm also sick of people going in about when I'm going to have her! I don't frigging know!!! Rhh :cry:

So how's everyone getting on now? I'm still waiting! Nothing happening apart from very occasional and very mild period type pains! But they're so mild they're almost non existent! :cry:

I just keep getting bigger and bigger! :(

Trying to fill my days to make time pass quicker but I've got to the point where I don't want to go out or see anyone as I feel like a big whale and I'm uncomfortable and I'm also sick of people going in about when I'm going to have her! I don't frigging know!!! Rhh :cry:

I feel exactly the same. 5 days over now and getting irritated. I don't want to leave the house and I feel like i'm just sat around waiting for something to happen. Losing plug continuously but no bloody show and only getting very mild period pains now and again.

Hope these babies hurry up! x

I know! Fingers crossed but I'm very pessimistic at the minute! But then again some people say they have no symptoms and go straight into labour so u never know! :) xx

I know it is extremely frustrating (I've been there!) but 12 days isn't even considered post dates yet, by any actual protocol so I wouldn't go jumping for induction, until youve at least got there. 40 weeks is average. 42+ considered overdue, pregnancy lasting anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks, on average! Youl would'nt be pushing for an induction at the lower end of an 'average' pregnancy (i.e. full term, 37 weeks) so I personally wouldn't push for one at the 'upper average end' of pregnancy-it really is a whole lot more of a peaceful and graduated experience without induction! Of course it can go beautifully and straightforwardly WITH induction, I'm not saying it never does- but I've just seen an awful lot (of labours I mean) go down the route of very fed up lady- keen to accept induction- induction introduces sudden and very painful contractions, which are harder to cope with than the usual natural beginnings of labour- this,coupled with the fact that with an induction there's continous monitoring so a huge amount less freedom to get up, move around (not just for moving the labour along, but also for pain relief- I remember I did a lot of swaying the earlier stages!) -means that a lot of ladies end up with very prolonged labours, lying down, and failure to progress or instrumental, due to epidurals. Anyay just something to think about- it would be a shame if, say, you were going to have gone in to labour naturally at 40+13, but had an induction the day before. Good luck anyways, with whatever happens.... :thumbup: (p.s. I said 'i've seen it' a lot as was a trainee midwife, so I meant literally)

11 days overdue and induction scheduled for tomorrow morning unless anything happens tonight. Had some period pains today and lost plug yesterday but nothing else :-(

I'm 3 days overdue and fed up already! Very mild period and back aches on and off that's it.
Had a sweep today and was told my cervix is very soft but still long, she managed the sweep but I'm not holding out much hope. Got another booked for Wednesday at 40+6 , and induction will then be booked for 12/13 days overdue. Really hope it don't come to that but not very optimistic. I'm so hoping the sweep today has done something! x

2 days overdue...had sweep on thurs and was 1cm dilated and cervix was 0.5cm and soft... And just had lots of backache period type pains and bh that dont go anywhere!! Xxxx

I know it is extremely frustrating (I've been there!) but 12 days isn't even considered post dates yet, by any actual protocol so I wouldn't go jumping for induction, until youve at least got there. 40 weeks is average. 42+ considered overdue, pregnancy lasting anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks, on average! Youl would'nt be pushing for an induction at the lower end of an 'average' pregnancy (i.e. full term, 37 weeks) so I personally wouldn't push for one at the 'upper average end' of pregnancy-it really is a whole lot more of a peaceful and graduated experience without induction! Of course it can go beautifully and straightforwardly WITH induction, I'm not saying it never does- but I've just seen an awful lot (of labours I mean) go down the route of very fed up lady- keen to accept induction- induction introduces sudden and very painful contractions, which are harder to cope with than the usual natural beginnings of labour- this,coupled with the fact that with an induction there's continous monitoring so a huge amount less freedom to get up, move around (not just for moving the labour along, but also for pain relief- I remember I did a lot of swaying the earlier stages!) -means that a lot of ladies end up with very prolonged labours, lying down, and failure to progress or instrumental, due to epidurals. Anyay just something to think about- it would be a shame if, say, you were going to have gone in to labour naturally at 40+13, but had an induction the day before. Good luck anyways, with whatever happens.... :thumbup: (p.s. I said 'i've seen it' a lot as was a trainee midwife, so I meant literally)

I see ur point- but I didn't actually push for the induction-my midwife booked it in. I would just rather have it anyway- because I've also read horror stories that baby more at risk if u go over by 2 weeks! Just want her here

I'm six days over. Was induced 12 days ate with my first and induction booked for the 11th for this one. Over it!x

4 days overdue now, had a sweep yesterday and lost mucous plug today,no pains so far though so I think it is just due to the sweep..x

4 days overdue now, had a sweep yesterday and lost mucous plug today,no pains so far though so I think it is just due to the sweep..x

Yea I lost mucus plug after sweep! Then it all stopped! :wacko:

Yea I'm not expecting it to go anywhere, not in pain or anything. I think the sweep just encouraged the plug on its way a bit. Definitely feeling like I will need to be induced :/ have you had any other signs? x

Yea I'm not expecting it to go anywhere, not in pain or anything. I think the sweep just encouraged the plug on its way a bit. Definitely feeling like I will need to be induced :/ have you had any other signs? x

Not really! :nope: it's so frustrating. Have very mild and very occasional period type pain- but that's about it really! Have noticed my stomach going quite hard now and again today- but it's not painful so not sure what it is - prob just Braxton hicks (although I do not actually know what these feel like as I don't think I've had them).

I think I'll be induced too! Although I'm praying my second sweep tomorrow works! Think ill go for a really long walk after to see if that starts anything- if it doesn't I'm just going to resign myself to fact baby will be induced on Monday :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->