Anyone else overwhelmed by love?

patooti

Pregnant - 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
I bonded with lo right away but lately I find myself just completely overwhelmed by how much I love my little boy. He's just over five months old and I want to stop time and just enjoy him. Downside is that sometimes the thought if anything bad happening to him paralyses me and I no longer really care about myself to the point of pretty much self neglect. I was a pretty selfish person before lo. Anyone else a but shocked by the amount of love involved in motherhood. I knew I would love him but I guess I assumed it would be a normal sort of love like you feel for other family members but this is intense, not sure I was ready for this. I was one if those childless people that would find it offensive when parents said stuff like you can't understand the love for a child but now I totally get it. Have to keep that to myself though ;) because I recall how annoying I found it when I thought I would never have a baby.

I fall more in love everyday. I didnt know this much emotion was possible. Best feeling ever and the good thing is it will never go away :)

I'm overwhelmed x2. It's amazing to have these perfect, fabulous kids in my life.

Ilm shining my cellphone at Sophie right now and watching her sleep, which sounds a lot less creepy in my head!

Oh yes. I have so much love for my baby that i cannot imagine how i would live without him now, in fact i dont think i could. I am so overwhelmed i still cry when he learns something new or bumps his head or when he smiles a big happy smile. When people say things like "just leave him to cry" i actually want to punch them! I appreciate my own parents alot more now than before motherhood. I can understand why they did the things they did even if i dont agree with them.

Yes, I often cry thinking about him and when he's napping I am often just looking at his pictures on my phone!!

I could have written your post myself. I was shocked when my DH told me the other day that he felt this way, that the thought of anything happening to LO terrifies him. I don't know why I was shocked though, they are very well bonded and I know I feel that way. I guess I thought it was a mummy thing. It's lovely to know that he is also overwhelmed! X

Glad I'm not alone and yes my DH is like this too. Both if us often tear up when he does something new or cute. I'm same with crying, no way I could just leave him to it at this stage anyway when he can't understand what is happening etc.

Me!! Im constantly kissing and telling my lo i love him sometimes i well up a bit just thinking about how much i love him! I think hes the most gorgeous baby in the world too!! I dont think ive ever seen a baby as gorgeous as my little guy!!! :)

If i see or hear of anything about a baby being neglected, hurt or dyeing i immediately think about how i could ever live my life if anything like that happened to my lo and often it makes me cry just thinkng about it!!

Also i will happily skip meals cos lo needs me or sit in an uncomfortable position for over an hour to make sure my lo gets a good nap!!

I cant believe i ever had gender disappointment when i was pregnant!! How could i ever be disappointed to have my little sexy man??!!

I feel exactly like this, I am OBSESSED with my baby girl. I just stare at her constantly, and in the evenings when I give to my husband so I can make dinner or have a shower, I just keep running back to look at her and kiss her some more.

Yesterday we were at a family BBQ, and everybody was sitting outside eating, while I sat alone inside playing with her to keep her cool, and I realised that I was so happy to be doing that. I preferred being inside with her, with no company, and hungry, than I would have been sitting outside in the sun with my family enjoying a BBQ, because I knew she was happier inside. I would do absolutely anything to make her happy, I'm so glad she is mine.

My husband thinks I'm a little crazy because I take hundreds of photos of her every week. She is just so gorgeous that I can't stop capturing it! Anybody else do this?

Seriously, I could have written your post! It's amazing isn't it! X

Every day. I wake up every morning and feel happy that's it's another day with her in my life. The whole time I was pregnant I was terrified I wouldn't get to meet her and now she's here I'm just soooooooooo happy!! She's nearly 6 months old and I still can't believe I got so lucky!!! I know that I would literally do anything for her. Evey smile is the best smile in the world. I wrote her a letter last week and put it in her memory box with instructions for her to open it on her 18th birthday. I just want her to know exactly how wanted and loved she is and that she was brought into a happy family with two parents who worship her, that way when she's a stroppy teen she can understand exactly how much we bloody love her!!:flower:

Awww love reading everyone else's posts. :) It certainly is true that you don't know (a certain type of) love until you have a child.

I bonded with my baby immediately. It is an absolutely crazy kind of love I was not prepared for. I was also a selfish person before but now I would do anything for her and am happy to always put her first. Her happiness is my own.

Loving someone this much is absolutely terrifying. I cannot even think about anything happening to her. To me, she is the most perfect and beautiful human being. When I am not with her I feel empty. Sometimes my hubby will take her so I can nap and when I wake up and she isn't there (we bed share so I am used to waking next to her) I feel depressed and sometimes it takes a while to get over it!

Me! I am so in love with baby girl that I it is undescribable. She is the most amazing little girl and every smile and every look just melts my heart. I find myself just staring at her and thinking that she is the best thing that ever happened to me.

DH and I were talking one day about how parents just give up on their children. We just can't understand it. We said that if our little girl did something so horrible we would obviously be upset but we still would be like that's our daughter and we love her to the world ends. A love for a child is such an unspoken bond that people do not understand until they experience it theirselves. :cloud9:

I cannot even describe my love for DD2, overwhelming love. She's actually so unbearably adorable that she stops me from getting things done! I have turned into a gushing mother!! Shes just the most perfect, content, beautiful, wonderful baby and she makes my heart ache!

I have three girls and love them all exactly the same. But Ruby is amazing and her love right is different. I think it's coz the love for her is still so new and growing everyday. I'm now no longer stressed and living each day with my three ladies, I feel so very lucky for my healthy girls.... I hope it stays this way x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->