• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone else pregnant again soon after c section?

BeautifulD

Mum to 3 and TTC #4
Reaction score
Hey!

My son is 17weeks old and I just found out we had a whoopsy!

I am elated but also terrified anyone else in the same boat?

hi there Daniel is 7 months old and just found out im pregnant scary stuff how are you feeling?

I'm feeling fine really, symptoms are creeping in now though lol.

Did you have a section? X

Me! I had an emcs with Emilia almost 7 months ago so there will be 15 month gap between her and this new little pumpkin. We had a whoops too coz we weren't gonna ttc til January, but we figure what's a couple of months? This baby was obviously meant to be!

I am unsure about vbac though as it's scary enough without a small age gap. I'm going to discuss it first and just see what my consultant says but I think I'd be ok with ELCS to be honest. I had really wanted a vbac but didn't expect to be pregnant this soon!

I have found my scars been a little itchy has anyone else?

Yeah I have and stingy. My plan will be to have a elcs again this time (I had one last time because Archie was a breechy) with two older children and Archie will be just one and a string of mcs under my belt I can't risk my life or the baby's through rupture. I figure while they're there the can tie my tubes.... two birds one stone haha x

Not this time but i did with dds. Dd1 was an emcsec and was only 12 weeks when i got pg with dd2. There are 12 months 3 weeks between them. I had a successful vbac with dd2 and so glad i did as recovery was alot easier...

I was thinking that too beautifuld, my scar has been itchy too, not really any symptons at the mo starting to feel a little queasy just want them to start as I really am worried,so because we have had a c section can we just elect to have another?

I was thinking that too beautifuld, my scar has been itchy too, not really any symptons at the mo starting to feel a little queasy just want them to start as I really am worried,so because we have had a c section can we just elect to have another?
Yes... As far as i know you are given a choice. I was offered a choice with dd2 but they advised a vbac as the problem with dd1 was not due to issues with labour (i had reached 10cm without issue)
With Ds it was assumed vbac and i was not given a choice.

Hi nugget ok sorry to sound dim whats a vbac? Daniel got stuck he was back to back so had to have an emcs

Wow nugget thats great that you had a vbac with a 13 month gap! Thats giving me more hope as thats what I would like. My reason for EMCS was mainly becasue I was induced and baby got in distress during the last stage of labour (was pushing for an hour and still no joy plus decels) so I would think they may let me try then. I was worried that having less than 18 month gap would mean they wouldnt give me the option.

Yeah they deffo let you have an ELCS if you wish, but they might try and talk you into vbac, think it can all depend on your consultant.

I dont have much in the way of symptoms either, nothing that really stands out anyway, trying not to worry though and just enjoying what I can as I dont know if we will end up having a third baby so its possible this could be my last pregnancy!

I think maybe it depends on your hospital?
With Archie I wasn't given a choice but to have a section as he was breech and they didn't support vaginal breech delivery.

Wow nugget how lovely you git to have a vbac so soon after section.

I think you can just elect to have a section after already having one.

If I'm honest if it wasn't so high risk I would opt for vbac.... I didn't find my section pleasant at all :-/

You taken as many tests as last time hahahahaha!!! X

Haha no but then we weren't ttc... that being said I already have 6 frers and a digi under my belt. I'm ordering some ics tomorrow to feed the habit :wacko: its the only thing that keeps me calm for the first few weeks :dohh:

I notice that congratulations are in order for you too betty!!! Over the moon for you xx

Aww a lovely surprise :D will you have too take the meds you did with your little boy ?

Thanks 5+4 today :0 nervous wreck !!!!! Scan on Wednesday. :) xxx

I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure I will so just started taking them friday when I got my bfp fingers crossed its not too late. Will speak to the rmc mw tomorrow.

Eeee exciting but scary huh? I really hate first tri and the anxiety it brings! X

Awww am sure everything will be fine :) I love surprise bfps :)

Very scarey !!! When I was pregnant with Lillah I just forgot about been preg till my scan now am like a wreck ahaha !!! Prodding my boobies every 2 min checking my knickers haha !!! Am turning into a nutter ! X

Haha I'm with you on that train honey.... the progesterone doesn't help the nicker checking thang lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->