Anyone else pregnant and breastfeeding?

LiLi2

Reaction score
And how is it going? Are your nipples on fire? Supply dropping?

I feel bad because my 18 month old still loves his booby time, but I've had to try and cut back some because of the pain. I also worry that he will constantly nurse when the new baby comes. Don't know if I can handle having 2 latched on all day. Part of me wants to wean, but I know he's just not ready. I have time I guess, only 8 weeks along.

I want to hear others' experiences with nursing through pregnancy.

I'm nursing my just turned 3yo 2x a day - bedtime and morning. It's painful but not unbearable. I'm hoping he weans through pregnancy but im not tackling that until I don't feel like death!

I literally just weaned my 17 month old, 3 days ago. I'm so sad:( however I found the my supply dropped majorly. I tried to continue to nurse, was hoping to do one feed a day...but my son was getting too frustrated with no letdown, and I wonder if the taste changed. He is such a little boob man that I was surprised he became disinterested. I'm soooo sad that it's ended...
So that's my experience and I'm also 8 weeks along.

I planned to nurse thru pregnancy and tandem if #1 was interested and hadn't self weaned by them. I unfortunately kinda had the choice taken as my milk dried up around the end of first tri (i'm 17 weeks now, need to fix my signature). I was so upset. But my son still dry nurses for comfort so I guess we'll just see how it goes as far as what he wants to do and what my body will allow.

Good luck!

Just weaned her (3yrs old) this week she only had few min before bed but sad but if asks I will but it's uncomfy :(

Wow, thanks for sharing ladies!

I want to cut back, but my son just loves to nurse. He still nurses in the morning around 6:30, again around 9/10, before nap at 12:30, wake up at 2:30, again around 5, then before bed at 7:00. It's like having a newborn, just without the MOTN feeds.

How did those of you who weaned or cut back do so? If I keep him very busy and out of the house, we can skip a feeding. But I don't have the energy to fight with him and say "not right now" most days, as he will have a meltdown!

I'm almost certain he will not wean before baby, which I'm ok with, but I don't want to nurse him every single time I nurse baby!

My DD is 8 1/2 months and still bf but she has a bottle before bed at night, my nipples aren't sore anymore but feeding her is seriously draining my energy

I want to cut back, but my son just loves to nurse. He still nurses in the morning around 6:30, again around 9/10, before nap at 12:30, wake up at 2:30, again around 5, then before bed at 7:00. It's like having a newborn, just without the MOTN feeds.

How did those of you who weaned or cut back do so? If I keep him very busy and out of the house, we can skip a feeding. But I don't have the energy to fight with him and say "not right now" most days, as he will have a meltdown!

I'm almost certain he will not wean before baby, which I'm ok with, but I don't want to nurse him every single time I nurse baby!

I started with getting rid of one day time feed. First mid morning, wait a few days to a week, and drop the other day time feed. This way the child and your body slowly get used to the shift. The last feeds left were the morning and bedtime feed. When it was comfortable for both of us, I dropped the morning feed and the last feed to go was the bedtime feed. I always find my babies liked to nurse before bed, which was also a comfort thing. So once my baby was ready I would drop that feed. It's gradual and took me just over a month to fully wean...that way you don't risk getting engorged etc. Gradual is also best for you baby. This is what I've done with my 3 kids. So just figure out what works best for you :)

Thanks for that advice. The past few days he has been nursing more frequently, so it's so hard to drop a feed! He gets so upset if I say no! I tried giving him a sippy of milk this morning instead and he wanted nothing to do with it. Lol

I may just suck it up and let him wean when he is ready, as he's clearly not ready just yet. :/

I started with bedtime normal milk and then only say boob at bedtime after story and bedtime milk then she gradually only went on for a nibble as such and now she asks and I say as she a big girl now so once every few days.....

Working so far (also the cup is glow in the dark special cup)

About 5 weeks pregnant and still bf my 17m old. I initially thought I could tandem feed but after talking to a few people who did I am not so sure. My little boy loves the boob and can see him wanting to feed everytime the baby does. My hubby also works away for a month then home for a month so could get quite difficult especially during those evening cluster feeds. I honestly have no idea how to start weaning, he feeds alot probably 4+ in the day and minimum 3 overnight. Although i would be soo sad once he weans I am hoping he may just wean himself as I dont want it to be an upsetting experience.

I am almost 8 weeks and breastfeeding my 2y 3m old. We dropped the bedtime feed a few months ago and he feeds 3-4 times a day but random times. I'm not sure if my milk is drying up? He doesn't seem to get very much. The initial latch is like fiery glass stabbing me but after 10-15 mins it's fine. I plan to self wean, I love the idea of tandem feeding but know the reality could be quite different.

I breastfed my oldest all through my second pregnancy. My milk supply plummeted but he dry nursed throughout and I now tandem feed him (3yo) and my second (18mo) and have just found out I am pregnant with number 3!! So atm I am tandem feeding through pregnancy - never thought I'd be doing that!! I imagine my milk supply will go again and am not sure what that will mean for my little guys...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->