Anyone else put a ridiculous amount of weight on?!?!

I have 2 weeks to go and I have reached the 50 lb point. The last 7 lbs were in the last two weeks! I am mortified that I hit half a hundred pounds!!! I am tall (6'1") and started at 197 pounds, but still, to see my weight as 250 made me want to sit down and cry. The annoying part is that everyone swears that I dont look any heavier, so either I have a double chin, tree trunk legs, and a fat ass all the time, or nobody really remembers what I looked like before.

I'm trying to push it to the back of my mind but I just thinking labour is gonna be harder the bigger I am!

I've put on 50 pounds at 36 weeks. With my first I out on a total of 52 at 40 weeks 6 days! I think I'll break that record this time around. It comes off :)

Awww I love you ladies! I feel less abnormal now lol! The worst part is when I tell people they are so shocked - like its ridiculous that I have managed to gain so much!!!

After my 9lbs in 2 weeks gain it tailed off and then I remained static for a few weeks but its coming on fast and furious now!

I put on 4 stone with my first pregnancy then lost it through breastfeeding and being more active (taking my son for a walk etc). I put it all back on when my dad died and didn't really manage to lose any before I got pregnant.

I got weighed once at my first midwife appointment but haven't been weighed since - I've also refused to get on the scales at home.

I can tell I've put weight on as my bump is like the size of the moon but am hoping that I'll be able to lose weight once this little one gets here.

:hugs:

I'm up 3 stone (42lb ish) since getting pregnant!

I was beginning to worry but at the end of the day I will be able to lose it by xmas hopefully as I'm a continuing member at slimming world and still have a gym membership, plus breast feeding so fingers are crossed :D

I'm up 41lbs with 2 weeks to go. I gained 55-60 pounds with each of my previous pregnancies.

I've piled on the weight!!!! Hope I can lose it after the birth. For now, I'm enjoying all the food!!!

I've put on around 42 pounds at 36 weeks, although I gained 15 of that in the first trimester (I had just gotten married and was like YAY I can eat! Then I found out I was pregnant...). I've only gained 4 pounds in the last 1.5 months and I'm trying to keep it that way... we shall see. Four weeks left till due date!!!

But yeah, I feel like a giant whale. A few weeks ago I was getting ready for work and looked in the mirror and just started bawling my eyes out. I was feeling so good about my body right before my pregnancy and I worked for years to get there, and now I'm heavier than I was even at my heaviest weight of 203 pounds. At 212 pounds now. :(

By the way, I hate stretch marks.

......and just another thought when our baby's arrive it will be nice warm weather so any lumpy bumps can be hidden in pretty floaty maxi dresses while everyone is admiring baby and saying how great u look ;-) this is the plan!!! HZ ha ha xxx

I'm up 3 stone (42lb ish) since getting pregnant!

I was beginning to worry but at the end of the day I will be able to lose it by xmas hopefully as I'm a continuing member at slimming world and still have a gym membership, plus breast feeding so fingers are crossed :D

Same here -I'm a target member at sw but haven' been because I just can't bear it! I will be going straight back after the birth. I think I'll have about 3 stone to loose after the baby which I hope will come off easy. Love slimming world :)

Also a target member of slimming world. Although as I said I was stone and half over target when I got pregnant!!!!! It slowly crept on after mc last June. No excuse really!!! My step mum is buying me a count down as a birth present and am hoping to be back on the way to target by Christmas. So glad to have found people I the same situation all the other weight posts were starting to depress me!!!

Also a target member of slimming world. Although as I said I was stone and half over target when I got pregnant!!!!! It slowly crept on after mc last June. No excuse really!!! My step mum is buying me a count down as a birth present and am hoping to be back on the way to target by Christmas. So glad to have found people I the same situation all the other weight posts were starting to depress me!!!

Thank god I'm not the only one and thank god for slimming world!!

I'm heading to a warmer environment for six weeks on Monday (here in southern Australia it is almost winter!). I tried on my summer maternity clothes (which fit fine a few months ago) and am literally busting out everywhere. My arms look like rolls of bread dough stuffed into skin-tight shirts, my face is round and another chin has appeared, and I've also got the legs rubbing together. I am supposed to look nice for work while I am away, but it looks like I'll need to go shopping (again!) just to make it through the next six weeks.

It's a relief to hear there are others who are not happy with the weight gain, and also a relief to think it will come off after baby is born, but still! I wish I could hide in leggings and big sweaters for the next six weeks like I have been doing in the cold weather here!

I'm heading to a warmer environment for six weeks on Monday (here in southern Australia it is almost winter!). I tried on my summer maternity clothes (which fit fine a few months ago) and am literally busting out everywhere. My arms look like rolls of bread dough stuffed into skin-tight shirts, my face is round and another chin has appeared, and I've also got the legs rubbing together. I am supposed to look nice for work while I am away, but it looks like I'll need to go shopping (again!) just to make it through the next six weeks.

It's a relief to hear there are others who are not happy with the weight gain, and also a relief to think it will come off after baby is born, but still! I wish I could hide in leggings and big sweaters for the next six weeks like I have been doing in the cold weather here!

Luckily I don't have to wear smart or nice clothes for work as I work for me lol! I'm currently wearing hubbys tshirts and jogging bottoms and feel very unattractive but can't bring mysel to spend more money on clothes that I will only wear for 7 weeks

Ugh same! This is my 3rd pregnancy, and I always put on 4 stone, no matter what I eat, my body always seems to settle at 14 stones..
I always lose it afterwards, I breastfeed to about 8 months, but honestly don't think this helps me lose weight, just healthy eating and smaller portions! I'm not worried about it, but I do feel massive!

I've gained about 50 pounds.. I'm not going to get on the scale again until after baby gets here!

Up 50 pounds and counting with 10 weeks to go - good lord!

Taken today!

It's no wonder I'm struggling with mobility!

Like a whale trying to turn over in bed!

Didn't realise how huge I am!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 27
I still have 10 weeks to go and I've gained 40-something pounds. I gained 50 pounds with first son. Average weight gain is 30-35 lbs., but for some people that's just unrealistic, lol. Granted, with both pregnancies I def. didn't deprive myself of any craving and I know that doesn't help. This is my last pregnancy and I'm going to enjoy it while I can! If you put your mind to losing the weight after the baby is born and you have time to recover, eventually it will come off. After my first pregnancy I ended up losing weight by eating right and exercising and ended up being less weight than before I had him!!! Hoping that will happen again, lol! Good luck to all of you and don't worry, pregnancy is a beautiful thing and we should feel proud of our bodies and the miracle that is inside! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->