Anyone else really ill during pregnancy?

babyhopes2010

one boy one girl.perfect!
Reaction score
My 1st pregnancy was fine i had no probs apart from polyhydromnioes (too much amniotic fluid) and i had bad fluid retention in 3rd try but generally i was feeling fine in myself.

This pregnancy(thank goodness its me last:haha:)

i had ms from 8weeks-14 weeks i lost alot of weight.

Then had the flu at 15 weeks which took me 3 weeks to recover from.

My ibs has been awful and i constantly have cramps.
Iv been getting dizzy spells for the last 3 weeks.and have now got spd which is really killing me esp when have to run around after toddler.

at 20weeks i had food poisoning which caused contractions and i was certain id lose the baby- never been that poorly ever.

NOW! iv had sore throat and went to drs and now appear to have a throat infection:dohh:

i just cant catch a break:cry:

Im generally a person that never gets ill. :(

What a time your having. Guess your eating as best u can, taking vitamins to try help etc? I'm certainly not claiming to have suffered like u during my first pregnancy however I did get run down quite a bit, catching colds etc. And on one occasion around 20 weeks I had servere diarrhoea and vomiting. I didn't leave the toilet floor for hours. I was so sure my baby couldnt cope with it I phoned the oncall midwives for advice. Everything was fine, midwive said babies will take everything u have and are tough cookies.

Hope ur feeling on better form soon x

I know what you mean! This time round I've had too bad bouts of gastroenteritis, and a sinus infection. Eva brings things home from nursery and then I take them full force. I've had the second bout of gastroenteritis this week and I feel like I've been hit by a truck - I could sleep all day and I ache from head to toe! Thank goodness I'll be off on maternity leave in 4 weeks - don't think I could go much longer, and my work are going to run out of patience soon! I don't normally get sick at all! :cry:

I got ill lots whilst pregnant with DD, drove me mad! I had shingles, pneumonia, a secondary lung infection, got diagnosed with a heart condition and got lots of colds and bugs due to the medication I was on lowering my immunity.
I felt like the walking plague :haha:

Definetly know how you feel. Had morning sickness the entire first trimester, most of the second, and still having it pretty badly. I had gotten a horrible cold during my second trimester, and during the late weeks of my second tri (and still getting over it) had a sinus infection and bronchitis/cold/flu deal. Also uti's popping up out of nowhere every now and then. I've never been so S.O.L haha.

Gosh you have been unwell and so have I although not nearly as bad as you.

I have now been coughing and blowing my nose for 4 weeks at least. In that time I've had a sinus infection, flu, I've lost so much weight and my poor pelvic floor has given up! Baby is fine though! The most annoying thing is that the doctors just fob me off. I clearly had a serious sinus infection that needed antibiotics and had a high temperature, but apparently it wasn't high enough (midwives were very annoyed). I never take tablets for the sake of it and am rarely ill, but blimey does a sinus infection make you feel dreadful?!?

I am starting to feel better and I have to admit my extra time off work to come home to have a sleep has really helped. I have to be better as I am moving house soon and I don't want to be warn out for labour!

Hope you feel better soon
Rx

I had a terrible time with my first pregnancy, at 7 weeks pregnant I got a kidney infection which I ignored for a full week! I ended up being rushed into hospital and got diagnosed with septicaemia luckily baby survived, then at 23 weeks pregnant I got another kidney infection and pneumonia at the same time, I have terrible asthma so I was hooked up to oxygen to help me breath, at this point I was told I had englarged kidneys, liver and spleen so needed scans on my organs everyday aswell as X-rays on my lungs until I left hospital. Then at 28 weeks pregnant I ended up back in hospital with a blood infection my enlarged kidneys decided they were going to work backwards so they were sending bacteria into my body! My blood count was also all over the place and had drs stumped! I was placed in a delivery room as they were concerned about my infected blood passing through to my daughter I was placed on a moniter over night to observe my daughters heartbeat, they then told me I was going to have a blood transfusion the next day... However if by miracle my body reacted well to the strong antibiotics they pumped through my body so the blood transfusion wasn't needed in the end and I was placed on antibiotics until the end of my pregnancy with fortnightly check ups at the hospital.

I hope this pregnancy goes a lot smoother with no hospital stays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->