Anyone else? Scan in 3 weeks and getting more scared the closer it gets

kitkez

Reaction score
So I'm 10 weeks and 3 days. I have my dating scan 3 weeks on Monday (i requested a later one as we lost our last pregnancy just after scan at 12 weeks. We'll be 13weeks and 5 days for the scan)

I can't help but worry. I'm so desperate for it to be here but the closer it's getting the more nervous I feel. I'm terrified that when we get there were going to find out that the baby has died. And I don't seem to be able to stay positive. I also found out last week I have sticky blood syndrome (which may well have been the cause of my miscarriage) I'm on meds now but am aware ive been pregnant for 10 weeks without the meds.

It's hard talking to my DH, friends and family as they say don't worry. Everything will be fine. Which is all well and good, and I understand they're trying to make me feel better, but I just wish someone would acknowledge that my fears aren't completely irrational. How can i not be scared after loosing our last baby.

Sucks this early on when you've no way of knowing if everything is ok. Previous miscarriage the baby died 3 weeks before i started to bleed 😥

Sorry for the rant x

It's horrible isn't it. Hope all goes well at your scan. Keep telling myself I'll feel better after the scan but my husband thinks I'll feel like this till baby is here (fingers crossed and all that) 3 weeks today till the scan. Seems both close and so far. Hoping it come round quick x

Ah that's great to hear 😊. My scan is next Monday....all I keep thinking this week is I'm 12 weeks 5 days today. Which is what I was dated when I had my scan with my last pregnancy. And he'd died somewhere up to 4 days later. Which means on same time scale by end of this week I'd lost the baby. Its hard not to let it worry me. I am feeling a little excited for the scan tho which is nice. I didn't think I would be. Think I'll be nervous wreck on the day. I can tell my waist line is expanding and i am super tired and still feeling sick sometimes so I'm using all that to try and keep me positive xxx

Completely understand, hope all goes well for you. I get even more upset when people say "it'll be fine", I just keep saying, you all said that last time and I was right. I know it's not nice of me :nope: but it's how I feel.
I'm also approaching the point at which my last baby died, although I didn't find out till two weeks later. And facing a high risk of miscarriage with this one too :( scan tomorrow and I completely understand your fears. I really hope the time passes quickly for you before your scan.

Hi talia. Hope your scan went well. All was good with me and I've kept my same dates so I'm 14 weeks today. Thought it would be a massive weight lifted but I don't feel any better. Still worrying lol. I'm hoping I'll actually reach a point where I relax. Maybe when I can feel baby and I look pregnant. Doesn't help that I found out I had aps which increases my risks. Basically my blood is too thick and is likely to clot. I'm on daily thinners now which will hopefully mean I get through this pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->