Anyone else scared to have a HUGE baby?

TicToc

Reaction score
DH is always teasing me that this kid will be over ten pounds. Our two sons are from a previous marriage of his and were both over ten pounds, but then when we had our daughter she was just 6 pounds. So the joke is that it's a boy and that it will then be huge.

Check out this baby!

https://now.msn.com/jasleen-big-baby-born-weighing-13-pounds-4-ounces

yes!! that's always been a fear of mine hahah

I had a weight scan at 35 weeks that said my lo was 6lb. That means she would be close to 10lb at birth. So yeah, I am scared!!!!

I had a weight scan at 35 weeks that said my lo was 6lb. That means she would be close to 10lb at birth. So yeah, I am scared!!!!

wow they like to exaggerate:haha:

i had a 9lb 3 baby and this ones measuring 8lb at 35 weeks and is due to be 10lb.

6lb at 35 weeks isnt huge

Bear in mind that the mother of the 13lb baby in the article had undiagnosed gestational diabetes. This will make a big difference in the size of your baby.

Not at all, monkey was 9lb6oz at 41+5 so even with a few lb extra as they say for second ones I'm not too worried. Monkey was really long and went straight into 0-3months clothing so will probs be another long baby this time if hubby's genes have anything to do with it

This has never worried me really, MWs I have met have always said that size rarely makes a difference to the birth as it's the head size that matters the most as opposed to the birth weight. Obviously some women may have trouble if they have smaller frames but this is usually noted beforehand. DS was 7lb11, according the weight charts I was on track for a 10lb baby (despite being totally average sized when measured) so it's all a load of codswallop, even scans are highly inaccurate.

This has never worried me really, MWs I have met have always said that size rarely makes a difference to the birth as it's the head size that matters the most as opposed to the birth weight. Obviously some women may have trouble if they have smaller frames but this is usually noted beforehand. DS was 7lb11, according the weight charts I was on track for a 10lb baby (despite being totally average sized when measured) so it's all a load of codswallop, even scans are highly inaccurate.

That makes perfect sense! I never thought if it that way before. Now I can go laugh at DH and tell him the joke is on him :happydance:

Make sure he doesn't try to find out the average head circumference to scare you that way lol.

My 2 were quite big (9lb2 at 41+1 and 8lb12 1/2 at 39+5) but i had 2 fairly quick easy births (dd was a 7 min established labour) i think id rather a bigger baby as all the small babies of my friends seem to have caused them much more trouble

Bigger babies are meant to sleep better apparently!

The thought is terrifying! My husband and I are both really tall, so I'm hoping for a long n lean LO, but scared of just a big in general baby. I think I would lean towards a C-Section if I was going to Gove birth over 9.5lbs. Yikes!

I was 10 lb 6 when I was born, hubby was 10 lb 1 when he was born. My starting weight was around 265. I haven't gained anything yet but I have a feeling it'll be a big one!

I had an 8lbs 14pz baby, but not huge by any means.

But... she had a 38cm head circumference!! My partner and his family all have huge heads (lol) so I think this one will be the same. The head is definitely the reason i tore quite badly

My first was 9lbs 8oz (a week early) no GD. LOL! Her head circumference was 16 1/2" as was her chest. Similar to delivering a shoe box I'd guess. ;) She did completely clear the way for her 2 sisters who practically fell out at 8lbs 3oz and 6lbs 8oz. :) She was by FAR my easiest baby!

I wouldn't worry too much you can never guess the weight until baby is born, when I was in labour with my son they said he was about 8lb but when he was born he actually weighed 10lb 3oz! X

I wouldn't worry about it . My sisters husband and all his siblings were between 10-12 pounds and his mom is 5"2 and a 110 pounds so not a big lady.

They say bigger babies actually "help" themselves be born alot more then smaller babie as they have more energy and also have less problems sleeping and such so is be happy with a big baby. And as others have said its the he's size that matters and a 10lb baby and a 7 lb baby have pretty close to the same size head

I too think il have another big baby.. Right now I'm so early that I don't care as long as I get a healthy baby at the end, but all being well if I get to 3rd tri I bet il panic more.

My DD was born at 39+6 and was 9lbs 9.5oz

My son was 9lb 5oz born, I am worried this one will be bigger , bt I do like chunky babies :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->