Anyone else scared to have a HUGE baby?

Ah but I wonder if your babies had of been smaller would they have woken even more....? We'll never know lol, I'm sure it's a myth but just giving the OP something positive lol.

My daughter was just over 6 pounds and she slept through the night at three weeks. Of course she took one nap in her entire life after that (she wouldn't even sleep in the car!) but she slept through the night like clockwork so I was OK with the that. Her brother was over 10 pounds and that boy slept all night and napped for three hours every afternoon until he was 4. He is 19 now and still falls asleep in the car. :haha:

My daughter was just over 6 pounds and she slept through the night at three weeks. Of course she took one nap in her entire life after that (she wouldn't even sleep in the car!) but she slept through the night like clockwork so I was OK with the that. Her brother was over 10 pounds and that boy slept all night and napped for three hours every afternoon until he was 4. He is 19 now and still falls asleep in the car. :haha:

So funny! my 21 yr old was 9lbs 8oz. . .a great sleeper when she was a baby and can practically sleep standing up as an adult. :winkwink:

Sorry, I was trying to post more earlier but my phone!s Internet connection kept crashing. I totally feel for you ladies worrying about big babies!! I had to have elective c-section at 38+6 (various medical issues) and even early my dd was 9lb2, 57cms and HC 36.5cms! If she had gone full term and I'd had to deliver naturally I would have been freaking out!
If they get bigger each time too I can only wonder how big this one will get! Lets hope they don't suggest a VBAC!!
Good luck with all your little neat babies :winkwink: x

I'm more worried about having a baby with a huge head!
I was around 7 pounds when I was born, as was my husband, and we're both under 5'5"... but huge heads run the family! That's so much more terrifying to me!

My son was around 10lb when he was born...im curious to see how big this bubba will be :) x

I doubt I would have a big baby but I'm scared of having a baby bigger than last time as for me that was bad enough ... She was 4lb 12 !!!!

I doubt I would have a big baby but I'm scared of having a baby bigger than last time as for me that was bad enough ... She was 4lb 12 !!!!

I think this shows that weight has a limited effect on labour, your labour would hav been no less painful than a 9lb baby I am sure :flower:

Besides, am I the only one that thinks the contraction stage was much worse than the actual pushing? Size doesn't matter at all then!

I think this shows that weight has a limited effect on labour, your labour would hav been no less painful than a 9lb baby I am sure :flower:

Besides, am I the only one that thinks the contraction stage was much worse than the actual pushing? Size doesn't matter at all then!

i was contracting 2-10cm in one hour! yet i was pushing for over 2 hours. the 2-10cm was way worse than the pushing stage

i was contracting 2-10cm in one hour! yet i was pushing for over 2 hours. the 2-10cm was way worse than the pushing stage

There was something about contracting that made me feel so helpless, yet when I started pushing I was in control and I knew it was ending soon, a different way to deal with the pain.

There was something about contracting that made me feel so helpless, yet when I started pushing I was in control and I knew it was ending soon, a different way to deal with the pain.
it felt such a relieve for me cos i had something to do during the contraction rather than trying to scramble up the walls:haha:

Bigger babies can be easier to birth if you work with your body as the weight of the head pushing down on the cervix promotes the release of endorphins (natural painkilling hormones) as well as all the cocktail of hormones to allow the ligaments in the pelvis to stretch more and at the same time making the ctx more effective, so making it easier to birth the baby :)
Hope this puts your mind at ease a little!

Yes! My partner was 8 or 9lbs. I was just over 6lbs. He says he wants her to be at least 7lbs. Not a chance. I'm hoping she comes a bit early so she's on the smaller side of healthy. Does that make me sound selfish?

Yes! My partner was 8 or 9lbs. I was just over 6lbs. He says he wants her to be at least 7lbs. Not a chance. I'm hoping she comes a bit early so she's on the smaller side of healthy. Does that make me sound selfish?

Kinda lol....7lb is healthy and normal, even 8lb is normal. If you read above you'll see that a baby's weight doesn't impact much on the type of labour you have so I wouldn't worry about it, your baby will be whatever weight she needs to be when she is ready to be born.

Kinda lol....7lb is healthy and normal, even 8lb is normal. If you read above you'll see that a baby's weight doesn't impact much on the type of labour you have so I wouldn't worry about it, your baby will be whatever weight she needs to be when she is ready to be born.

As long as she's healthy and ready, than that's all that matters. It's just a terrifying thought of having a big baby and not having the strength to physically give birth.

I am! My husband was huge and I just started showing at 7 weeks!

my so was aound 10lb...i would actually find it strange to have a average sized baby :lol: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->