anyone else starting saving for christmas?

Not yet..Will do in about April once the new baby is here and has everything lol

No, i have my girls birthdays and a holiday to sort out before i even think about christmas which i usually dont worry about until september x

Yes - we know how much we spend on family for birthdays and christmas so we add it all up then divide by 12 and put that much away each month. So we always have money in an account for big events etc.

We will be soon, once we have sorted our finances :(

We'll probably not start until around September now

Me, I've been putting £20 a week in my ISA.. My mum has already started buying! She has suitcases under her bed that she fills all year lol

I have!
All loose change around the house is getting rolled into coin rolls for deposit and the $$ from every trip to the bottle depot, too!
I have also hit a huge closing out sale at a boutique toy store and scored some great deals for stockings.
I plan to do a lot more planning this year and a lot more homemade gifts.

After a £200 sainsburys bill for one days worth of food and drink I've decided I'll stickyhe odd bit of spare cash on a savings card in hope it lessens the blow this year!!

Started the Morrisons saver stamps to help with the xmas shop, hopefully they will do the £25 voucher like the last few years!

Toys and other gifts I buy throughout the year, not one present I got for Ellis last year I paid full price for. We save regulary too so will just allocate an amount from that nearer the time too.

I will do once I get paid at the end of the month!

Is Park good then? I was thinkin of doing something like that

Not yet. We only buy presents for really close relatives (parents+siblings) so we usually have enough around Christmas.

Had enough of really big Christmas celebrations that cost a lot of money Usually money is spent on presents that will never be used :shrug:

Yeah,you order whatever you want(we ordered a £450 giftcard)and then pay for it every week or month :) they send them out November I think.xx

I'm putting £50 a month away so that will almost cover the kids at last. i won't save with a company like park because of the other companies going bust a few years ago and loads of people lost their money!

I'm trying to pay off a lot of debt this year so we can afford a mortgage so i'm hoping i can manage to keep saving £50 a month.

i started putting £5 a week away since the 1st (a bit like park but my own cash) which will give me £200 by november which is a start. il also be buying things thru the year again x

im putting 20 a week away, thats paying for a weekend away in march n then im gunna keep saving after that n use is for xmas and birthdays :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->