Anyone else still losing weight/not gaining?

HappyWife90

Reaction score
I am approaching 24 weeks and still haven't gained any weight. My chest is huge and the baby is measuring big at 75th percentile for weight, so I'm not really worried about that. I think more than anything that I am confused. I was a bit overweight when I got pregnant (160s when I should be 140s or less.) I still have morning sickness but the extreme sickness that I had is mostly gone. I eat based on instinct, and I just don't think I'm eating any more or less than I used to right now. Is that fine, since I was a little overweight to begin with? Some websites and people state that I should have gained like.. 14 pounds by now. I don't see how that could be! Thanks for your thoughts ladies! I should note too that I don't do much deliberate exercise.

I was overweight to begin with and I'm still less than when I started. The nausea means I just eat a little of what I do eat. I was so paranoid I was going to gain non stop like my last pregnancy. I guess each is definitely different! Not to mention I still have time to gain more lol

Perhaps your metabolism rate is higher now? I have gained 2 pounds so I'm not losing weight like you (normal BMI to start with) but considering how much I'm eating, it does seem like I'm not gaining as much weight as I would expect.
I don't think you should aim to gain 14 lbs btw.. I asked my doctor how much weight I should gain, and she said 15-25lbs for the whole pregnancy, but she recommends about 5lbs for the 2nd trimester because most of the weight gain occurs in 3rd tri..

Some gain quickly and slow down some start off slow and gain more in third tri like PP said. It is completely fine. I didn't gain a thing until 32 weeks with my first, ended up gaining a little over 10 and she was 8lb 15. Still even so far this go. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.

I am 17 weeks and haven't gained so far ... Maybe we just eat just enough but not over ? Shrug. I began over weight by like 10 lb than my desired weight .

Every body is different. As long as you are maintaining a healthy weight and your baby is growing, you might not gain anything until the third trimester. It's not until the third trimester that it's recommended in taking an extra 300 calories a day. That isn't much.

With my first pregnancy I didnt gain anything until 22 weeks. In the 3rd tri I made up for it though :). This time time the sickness has been so severe that I have lost 22lbs. I'm only 9 weeks though.

I have lost 8lbs, so far not gained anything. I think it is down to not drinking, eating better, my body is working a lot harder now than before.
With my first I ended up 2 stoner lighter after having my son

I'm not losing weight, but I'm 15+5 & haven't gained any so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->