Anyone else still petrified?!

Jewel07

Reaction score
I'm 35 weeks now and at about 25 weeks I started worrying about labour. I always thought that towards the end I would be so anxious to meet little one I would feel better about it but I'm still so scared. I'm worried I'm going to freak when it actually happens. I get a lump in my throat when I think of it and the pain and try forget about it. I say to hubby all the time I'm scared and what if I can't cope he tries to reassure me ill be fine but I'm thinking what if I am a mess and I really can't cope with the pain. All these scenarios are running around in my head. I want our baby more than anything but I'm so bloody petrified of the labour :cry:

I'm ok until people ask me a lot if I'm getting scared!!so this starts to scare me,but then just think yeah I know its going to b painful but so many ladies go on to have more children

I'm worried about a c-section. If I knew I had a high chance of delivering vaginally I'd be perfectly calm, but REALLY, REALLY don't want a c-section.

My antenatal instructor told me that when pain (in general) gets unbearable people faint. I don't know anyone who has fainted in labour :) just keep saying, "there's always an epidural." Keeps me calm ;)

in the earlier weeks of pregnancy i was so scared ...that i convinced myself if i went for normal delivery i would not make it through scared the hell out of my DH too by being over dramatic ...i wanted to have a c-section he was against it ,but agreed if its what i wanted he will be okay ....

but the more i started reading about things and talking about them i have come around to the idea of normal delivery and childbirth as a whole ,i have just created a mindset things are going to to go great and then there is epidural :happydance: keeps me calm

Seems I'm not alone. Thanks ladies. I know that every woman is prob anxious but I just thought I would have relaxed a bit by now but not yet :-(

Ur right though familygirl30, some woman have more than one child! So they are happy to do it all over again!!

Also girlinyork - that's a really good way to think about the fainting bit thankyou :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->