Anyone else still sleeping on tummy?

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I love love love to sleep on my tummy and find it hard to sleep any other way. In my last pregnancy it became uncomfortable really early on, like about 6 weeks as I was super bloated and I didn't sleep on my tummy at all after that! However this time round I am still sleeping on my front and it feels fine... Is this ok? Anyone else?

I know most health professionals would advise not to sleep on tummy. They also advise not to sleep on your back as this puts too much pressure on as the baby gets bigger. Its suggested that sleeping on your sides are better as the pregnancy progresses, but i often wake up finding myself sleeping on my back still. However, having said that i do suffer from back pain a lot already and SPD, so sleeping on my back might have something to do with making it worse lol.

Have you tried a couple of pillows to keep you on your side in a comfortable way? Or maybe even a pregnancy pillow? I have a maternity one and it does help take the weight off my bump when i lay on my tummy, which helps a lot. I think at this stage i would personally find sleeping on my tummy really uncomfortable although i am further along then you are.

I definitely wouldn't be sleeping on your tummy after 12 weeks, as poster above said, have you thought about trying to get comfy with proper pregnancy pillows?

Ok thanks ladies, I will heed your advice and force myself off my front! Had just kinda assumed that if it feels comfortable it must be ok.... I will practice practice practice side sleeping.... Oh man this was the bit I hate last time round! Literally the part of not being pregnant that I looked forward to most was sleeping on my front again ha ha I was soooooo excited!!!

I can't wait to be able to sleep on my back again, my sides ache so much but putting something in between my legs, such as preg pillow or even something small like a cushion seems to help, I also try too keeps head somewhat elevated as laying flat makes everything ache.

The above advice is kind of silly, sorry. If you're comfortable sleeping on your front then it's fine. Your abdominal muscles are pretty darn strong, as is your uterus. However you're comfortable is fine!

It's not that we are being silly, we are just mentioning what Drs would have told us. At least that's what my MW has told me regarding sleeping on tummy. Perhaps the original poster should as her MW/DR for proper advice. Maybe they will have a better insight.

I'm still sleeping on my tummy sometimes and I have a definite bump now. It still feels comfy and doesn't seem to bother the little man so I haven't worried about it. I am *trying* to get into the habit of sleeping on my side but it's just not as nice!

I so miss sleeping on my tummy and back. My hips are killing me, and I haven't had a nice full nights sleep since about week 8. X

And they say the sleepless nights start when baby is born :dohh::haha:

I sleep on my tummy even now. My dr has always said sleep however you're comfortable. Our bodies are designed for pregnancy, and any sleeping position that isn't safe for baby would be uncomfortable and we'd make ourselves move. Eventually you won't be able to lay on your back, but you'll know when you get to that point because you'll feel like you'll probably feel like you're getting crushed and your legs might go numb.

If it doesn't bother you, chances are it doesn't bother baby.

Mine either :dohh:
Although i do usually get the best sleep around 20 mins before my toddler starts yelling mummy lol.

I was also told to sleep (by docs/MW/OB) however is comfortable. We would be uncomfortable in a position well before it could do any harm. With my first two I slept on my tummy until about 20 weeks, then slept modified 3/4 on my tummy (with a pregnancy pillow) until 32+ weeks. I plan to do the same with this one unless it isn't comfortable - I just listen to my body and modify if I need to xoxo

ETA: Highly recommend a pillow though - the 3/4 tummy position is SO much more comfy for tummy sleepers than side sleeping IMO.

I roll! Haha. Mostly I sleep on my side, but sometimes I sleep on my tummy. Doctor says it's fine as long as I'm comfortable! The pregnancy pillow does help, though!

I sleep on my side and tummy. I wouldn't say full on face down but kinda to the side and on my tummy if that makes sense, I know I constantly move though in my sleep

Worth a look! https://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-sleep-on-my-stomach-during-pregnancy_1245307.bc

I too am a tummy sleeper. Coincidentally, at OB appointment last Thursday he was talking about not sleeping on back after 20wks and telling me about moving to my side and how to prop with pillows etc. Told him I was still sleeping on my tummy, he said that was totally fine. With first pregnancy I think I tummy slept til around 25 weeks and only stopped because it wasn't comfy anymore.

I would love to sleep on my stomach but I am too far along and my baby does not like it! :lol:

I still sleep on my tummy at 22 weeks, but I kind of turn to the side so I'm not completely flat. I also use a pillow sometimes and shove it under my bump on one side. I am constantly tossing and turning, but I usually start on my tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->