Anyone else struggle with development threads? :(

That and the stress of having a bun in the oven :rofl:

Whit??? Did I miss something???

Yep I am only 10 weeks though but thankfully this time a singleton pregnancy so hoping i have another 30 weeks to go! Had to pay for a private scan because I was driving myself mad stressing about it being another twin one.

My parents just go into utter denial mode when I mention stuff Erin's "late" with doing - feels like my concerns get fobbed off a bit.

Having said that - we are now mobile (gawd help me) - just roly-polying like crazy to get around (I've had a feeling for a while she'll miss out crawling altogether which is being reinforced by all of this) but by heck the change in her personality is marked - her frustration's dramatically reduced with it.

If it does help - I used to teach a girl who I later found out was a very limits of viability preemie - and by the time I taught her (about 8 years old), apart from her being a little clumsy which could well have just been pre-teen growth spurt and brain not catching up with the revised size of her body - she was absolutely on a par with the rest of her peers ... I'd never have known about the prematurity thing unless I'd been told. She was also flipping taller than ME!

I used to feel like this a lot. My LO was 10 weeks prem. I was so bad for comparing to to others also. Its just not worth it! My LO didnt really do anything until 8 months when she learned to properly sit on her own, rolling over was at 10 months but she quickly crawled and walked by 14 months. She is still small and people still look at me a little funny when I say what age she is but I am so much happier now that I don't compare her to other babies. My friends with babies the same age are constantly telling me what their little ones are doing and now I just think to myself, my LO will do it in her own time, she wont be in a nappy at 10 so does it matter if she is out of them at 18 months or 3 and a half, nope not one bit! So just enjoy it all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->