Anyone else struggling with eating out?

LucyLake

Reaction score
The only things I really crave are things that gave me food poisoning and diarrhea prior to pregnancy. Taco Bell, Chipotle, Pappasitos, Which Which thanksgiving turkey with cranberry (!), stuff like that.

So far, I've said no to these cravings and mostly tried eating healthy and had food from Olive Garden instead (blandness seems to agree more with my morning sickness).

Do you eat pretty much everything, even stuff on the naughty list like feta and Turkey sandwiches? Have you been going places like Taco Bell regularly?

I'm so tired of my limited diet and just wanted to know if I can expand my horizons.

Aloha LucyLake! I'm still really early on so bad MS hasn't hit yet, but I just don't eat out generally. My son is a handful at restaurants and I find it's very difficult to find quality food when eating out. I am being ultra-strict on my diet right now but I have been for a few months...ONLY eating organic and whole is a priority for me, but I am allowing soft goat cheese because I feel comfortable with it even though people say it's a "no no." In France women eat soft goat cheese all the time during their pregnancies. The farm that makes the goat cheese is down the road and I've seen their goats and how they are handled and the farm and animals are so clean and fresh looking that I don't feel concerned.

When I was pregnant with my son I ate out at least once a week, sometimes more! Usually Mexican food or Thai food. And THANK GOD there isn't a Chik-fil-A on my island...haha, because I craved that all the time during my pregnancy with him. So far my only craving during this pregnancy has been for (surprisingly) a broth made out of animal bones. Since I'm a veghead I ate a bunch of free range eggs instead and it went away. (for now! cravings get most intense for me in the second trimester and that's definitely when I am more likely to give in)

I think it just depends on what YOU are comfortable with. :) I think as long as you aren't overdoing it on the restaurant food, you should be good.

It sounds so lovely where you are EarthMama! I'm also vegetarian, pre-pregnancy! So craving thank you turkey at Which Which is strange new territory. I have yet to give in. So funny about the animal bone broth! I've been eating lots of minestrone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->