Anyone else suffering from body pains post pregnancy?

palange

Reaction score
I can't believe the number of aches and pains I've got - is this normal post pregnancy? My pains are:

Back pain - only affects me when I've been sleeping in the same position for a while. My back is stiff, aches and I can't move for a few minutes - I can't even turn.

Knee pain - if I stand too long or kneel my knees are very stiff and take a few minutes to get back to normal.

Pre pregnancy I was a very fit person so this is all new to me. I'm not sure if its all just part of the process or whether I should be worried and visit the GP. Any advice would be much appreciated!

xx

yes me, I was just discussing this with someone earlier today and wondering if it had something to do with decrease in relaxin, making me now feel the strain that pregnancy put on my body. I have backache (my whole back) almost all day long and when I stand up my knees feel stiff and achy. I never had problems with them before pregnancy :shrug:

yes me, I was just discussing this with someone earlier today and wondering if it had something to do with decrease in relaxin, making me now feel the strain that pregnancy put on my body. I have backache (my whole back) almost all day long and when I stand up my knees feel stiff and achy. I never had problems with them before pregnancy :shrug:

thanks, I take it, it just a case of riding it out? :cry:

Another one here for back ache - amongst butt hole (sorry tmi) and vagina "ache" 14 weeks pp !!!!!

My knees hurt so bad and my ankles get really stiff too. I put on a bit of weight whilst pregnant so thpugt it could be extra weight on my joinys but have lost 16lbs already and its no better. Would love to know if its permanent or not :)

So glad someone said this!
I was telling my oh this evening how much my back and knees and feet and ankles hurt and im 11 weeks pp.
I assumed its because I needed to lose weight but was getting slightly worried as I feel like I have an 80 year old ladys joints!

Me!! Legs, knees, ankles, arms, hips...I'm falling to pieces!!!

Ankles, oh yeah I forgot about them! Every morning I'm walking like an old lady for the first few minutes or so because they feel so stiff, its like I've suddenly developed arthritis in the ankles and knees :shrug:

Completely normal!

It has only been in the last few weeks that my knee pain (mostly behind my knee) and stiff feet has started to disappear! LO is 7 months, so you might have to just grin and bear it for a while I'm afraid!

You'll get there in the end xxx

Mine is knees, elbows and fingers. Haven't been able to fully straighten my elbows for several weeks, and god help me if I spend too long on the floor! It's actually easier to go upstairs and change Pud on the dresser than try and get off the floor....x

Im like this to, when I try and sit on floor or get up I cant do it with grace, I kind of throw myself down on the floor and then get on all fours to get up!

I always have pain in the top of my shoulders/bottom of my neck. It's like a huge ache but it hardly ever goes away. It's a bit like the ache you get when you've been walking round carrying heavy bags all day. I also get pain on and off where my c-section scar is

I've got back pain that comes and goes but when it's here it can be agony! I've never had back pain in my life in spite of waitressing for a living, and I didn't have any trouble while pregnant either. I think hefting a 16 pound baby around doesn't help, lol! I was contemplating buying a back support it was so bad. But lately I've tried to pay more attention to my posture, particularly when feeding LO, and that seems to have helped it some.

I have pain in my pubic bone, and the whole palvic bone and erea :( had it in pregnancy and have it now...

I went to the doctors because I was a little concerned about it and had a swab done (without the speculum as I got too scared) - am having light spotting of blood and a yellowish discharge so kind of worried now. They prescribed antibiotics to be safe but god knows.. now I'm paranoid I should have got the speculum test done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->