Anyone else suffering with insomnia?!

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
Well, the way my sleep is working now, I can get to sleep pretty okay.. but if I wake up, at any point, I'm awake for the rest of the night entirely.

Eg. Had it a few times from like 3am-5am.

Last night I was woken at 1.30am, couldn't sleep no matter what I tried. At first my mind was just thinking about things, but eventually I was so tired I wasn't even thinking of anything, but I definitely was awake, I felt quite aware I was just lying in bed, not even half asleep. I may have drifted off for a short period between 6-6.30am but that was it!

With my first I could sleep 12 solid hours, now I feel broken haha

I had one night last week that I I awake ay 4am and couldn't sleep. Usually it is more like I wake at 7am and can't go back to sleep. I don't need to be up until 9.

When it happens my mind does usually start to run a mile a minute so I start counting backwards from 100 to bore myself and keep other thoughts out.

I couldn't even bore myself to sleep last night!
I even woke up the other half for sex, because I usually fall asleep after that! It was like my mind was asleep as I wasn't really thinking about much after that, but I was still wide awake :(

Just gotta hope no one wakes me up every night now so I can stay asleep!

I actually ventured into this second trimester forum (only 12 weeks 3 days myself) because for the last couple of nights i have been experiencing the same exact thing! I wake up like clockwork around 3 am and I cannot get back to sleep, no matter how exhausted i feel, for the life of me. I was up from 3am - 615a, dozed for 30 minutes before having to jump up and head out to work this morning. I feel like a zombie, what is this?! so frustrating.

Hopefully its a short term issue.. waking up to pee 3-4x a night was enough, but now not being able to even fall back asleep? No thank you!

Oh yeah, I have a full bladder 2-4 times in the night (less so the last week, more like one) despite not drinking anything too late!
That's annoying too. Super vivid dreams also!

Dreamt my other half was cheating on me with some ugly girl! I remember all the details and everything, in the dream I'd just had baby, and he was being all sappy for this other girl, and he's never lovey dovey so it was odd. And the rent here is in his name, and he was willing to move out himself to live with her rather than kick me out. I remember getting the girls clothes and shoving them in the toilet before chucking them outside.
I woke up pissed off with him and wanting to hit him with my pillow. Seemed so real and detailed hahahah

I've found I've had loooads of vivid dreams though, I had it last time with my son. The sleep isn't refreshing at all. I didn't really wake up last night, but I've been really sleepy really early on this evening. I don't even know why I'm still awake to be honest!

This baby making business is exhausting!

Oh this is one of the toughest parts for me in pregnancy I cannot sleep past 4-6am and I'm so exhausted no matter what I do I just can't sleep them having to pee every 2 hours means the sleep I am getting is completely interrupted I need naps desperatelybut never get one!

Yeah, this happens to me quite a bit. I usually just watch Netflix until I fall back asleep or its time to get up. Between my hips hurting and waking up to pee 4x a night, I just can't seem to get enough sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->