Anyone else tempted to buy things?

Kiki1993

Reaction score
I know I can't be the only one. Because we waited for so long part of me thinks "what's the harm in buying some little things now" then the ther part says "no don't want to jinx it"! I'm walking through baby aisles melting over bloody onesies and then walking away knowing I shouldn't.... What passers by must think I don't know 😂

I always ask the hubby if we should have a quick look down the baby aisles I think it just makes me want it to happen more lol. Although we don't buy anything I am tempted at times xx

You ladies have more will power than I do! I have a little stash in my closet right now, because I can't help it whenever I see something particularly adorable. I try to justify it by saying that I just have them on hand for baby showers and things, but I have no intention of parting with most of them. 😁

Oh goodness same here. No matter where we go we look at baby stuff. There's a web site and I want everything on it.. It's called 4mom.com has some pretty cool stuff.. The only thing we have bought so far is a little picture frame that says love at first sight it's for a ultrasound picture and a little plush giraffe.. If I ever find a bunnie onesies with bunny feet I will buy it :haha: I can't seem to find one.

Oh yes! I was shopping the Christmas clearance and saw tiny knit hats ( Christmas themed) that I wanted to get! I resisted but it's a frequent temptation. My mom has bought me two little Disney outfits, one for a boy and one for a girl, that I have hanging in my closet waiting impatiently to be used. I am tempted to buy things but also scared to death, I guess to jinx myself :-(

~LilacPetal~

I'm constantly tempted and so is my OH. Even though it's really hard, we agreed on not buying things yet, to prevent disappointment when things won't work out as quickly as we hope. 2 months ago however, right after we decided to ttc I came across this really cute security blanket that felt like it belonged to us, so I took it as a symbol of our wish for a baby.

You guys are stronger than me. I bought all sorts while waiting to TTC no: 1. Bedding, a moses basket, a little chair, little bits for the nursery. It was all second hand stuff so didn't spend alot. I also made a list of things that I had liked in shops and went shopping the morning that I got my BFP! I'm not at all superstitious, but I know that lots of people are about these things.
We will be TTC from Jan 1st and I have already bought a toy for number 2 and have a list of things that I want to get during the pregnancy.
After failed previous attempts and a putting the date back 19 months in all I doubt that having bought something will effect my disappointment if it doesn't happen straight away!

All power to you for waiting!

I only bought stuff when I was pregnant last year, but I got a bunch! (Sadly, both of my bfps ended up being early mc's)

I've been able to resist so far this time, though I do browse a whole lot! And one weekend I started making our baby registry lol so now that's done and ready for whenever baby decides to come along! I just got tired of seeing all these great things on pinterest and then forgetting about them!

I've bought one thing: a Onesie that says "Player 3 Has Entered the game", because both DH and I like to play video games and so when I do get my BFP I want to give the onesie to DH as a surprise. Or use it for my "announcement photo". I just couldn't pass it up. I bought it when I had my first BFP, which sadly ended up being a CP. I almost bought one for my mom saying something about grandma's on my second bfp but I'm glad I didn't because that ended up being a CP too. :/ Since then I've avoided buying anything because I'm afraid DH will think I'm bat shit crazy. :haha:

I think I'll start buying some stuff when we move into our 2 bedroom place! A few things here and thereee :) :happydance: so excited!!

The only thing I have bought is a baby grow that says 'I listen to led Zeppelin with my daddy' to give to DH when we get our bfp. Before Christmas I went to buy our friends 3 month old a present and I found it a bit too much. I really wanted to buy all the gorgeous baby clothes, I ached for them! Yep I know, sounds mad. I've never felt like that before, so I got out of there quickly! I just keep thinking about how insanely happy I'll be shopping for all that when the time comes (just wish it would hurry up!!)

I caved and bought the binkies that we are going to give our parents when we finally get our BFP over the weekend.. It had a little yellow rabbit on it and DW nick name is Wabbit.. So anything to do with bunnies becomes so hard to not buy unless its gender specific.. :dohh: :haha:

I've got a steriliser and Moses basket but it's because they were so cheap. I have our baby grow to announce when the time comes to my husband and knitting some baby cardigans x

I've still not bought anything yet but been sending majority of my time food shopping in the baby aisles :blush:
I;m considering buying a couple things this weekend .. just little things that are neutral :)

Very tempted! Started looking at buggies today, really like the look of Bugaboos!

I've already decided my pushchair we've been to make sure it would fit in the car etc x

Lol glad I'm not alone! I have enough cloth diapers to diaper a newborn.......I can't help it!

Very tempted! Started looking at buggies today, really like the look of Bugaboos!

*lol* almost all of my baby things are picked out! I've even been to the baby store to try the one I liked!

I've bought two cute onesies & a tank top in my partners favourite football teams logos to give to him when we get a bfp but that's it. So far!

I'm resisting hard! To the point I have to avoid the baby section in stores :happydance:

Oh we have picked out all our strollers, playpens, bouncers and the car seat I want doesnt come out until summer :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->