Anyone else terrified of looking awful in photos?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
This is maybe one of my biggest fears about the wedding; that I'll get all the photos back and hate every single one of them. This always happens to me, I am the least photogenic person ever! I can't pose without a mirror so I can see what I'm doing :dohh: Absolutely petrified of being tagged in hundreds of wedding photos where I look fat and my awful teeth are showing too. Anyone else or am I the only one so shallow? :haha:

Me!!!! I hate photos of myself!! I just won't look at them :haha:

I always want to cry when I see photos of a big event that are just awful. It seems I look fine at home and then I step out the door and become some form of ogre. Depressing!!! I might just take a load of photos on my webcam so I can pose, at least I'll look good in one or two :haha:

Me! I hate, hate, hate my smile. I know I'm probably over critical of myself in photos but I always end up feeling like "oh jeez, is that really how I look/everyone else sees me?" I try to avoid photos as best as I can but you really can't in big events so I am dreading it! My sister got her photos from her wedding and I hated the way I looked in all of them.

Yes! I've got Body Dysmorphia and I'm also diagnosed Bulimic (recovered Anorexic) so I have some MAJOR body issues. I know that if I am pregnant at the wedding (If i fall PG this month I'll be 20wks ish) then I will feel a lot better looking bigger in photos knowing it's not just fat! I have terrible skin too. A mix of bacterial infections under my skin + eczema makes me so paranoid! I'm also paying £200 to have my extensions fitted the day before, meaning I'm spending about £1000 in total on just looking OK....

Hahaha!

Yes! 100% I'm terrified I am in a wheelchair and every photo of me is awful IMO!
my wheelchair is an ugly contraption even if im going to try dress it up with bows Lol

Yes me!
I hate the way I look in pictures!
It also doesn't help that I don't like having my picture taken at all and neither does OH so both of us aren't going to be easy to work with because we both feel so uncomfortable!

I'm hoping our photographer can edit me to look nice :haha:

Haha Lauren!! I chose our photographer because he takes some lovely low light images :lol: I look better in the dark!!!

I haaaaate photos of myself. I'm dreading it. I'm dreading people getting photos of me with my mouth open, smiling, laughing, double chin-ing...the list is endless!!! But, I went to the dentist today and I'm going back in a few weeks to have composites put in/on which will make my smile better. That will (should) boost my confidence on that front. Shame about the rest :lol:

Bottom line is, we are our biggest critics. I look at every one of you (who have posted pictures) and thought to myself 'my gosh, she is going to be a beautiful bride', and quickly followed that with '...why can't I just look like her!'. But none of you would believe me, would think I was just being 'nice', but it's true. None of you have anything to worry about.

Plus, there is naff all we can do about it unless we plan to wear a sack over our heads :lol: so we just have to get on with it and hope the photographers are wizards, or something ;)

I absolutely hate having someone else take my photo, I always have photos taken normally at the same angle etc, but know I'm going to end up with loads of natural photos and this generally means there'll be pics of me pulling stupid jibs all the way through it.

Can you see if your photographer can do a prewedding shoot? That way you can stop her after each one and see if you like it so you know how to stand to get the best shots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->