• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else trying to convince Hubby for another baby?

I am currently in the same situation, My husband isn't the father of my 1st child, but we do have a 2nd child together. We have 2 beautiful little girls who I love more than anything but i have always wanted 3 and would REALLY like to try for a 3rd, hopefully a boy, but my husband just won't budge, well he has a little bit but he is just so negative about the idea, i really don't know what to do to get him to come around.

My OH would be happy to just have our son and no other babies but I am really wanting another. I would try tomorrow but I had to get him to change his mind about the age gap, he wanted to wait until DS is in school but I feel that's too long. I'm 32 in September so if we waited til DS was 4 I would be 34 and I don't want to be an older mum ideally. He doesn't seem to understand that a woman's fertility goes down a lot in her 30's. We kinda agreed to wait til our son is 3 which is still a year and 3 months away!!

I am just sooooo broody!!! :wacko:

I know this is an old thread - but I wonder if the OP ever got anywhere with her OH? We're in the same boat - I want 3 and OH only wants 2 and he is adamant about it. I feel like 3 kiddos is what I'm meant to have and I think I would feel like something was missing. I love our family but it doesn't feel complete quite yet! x

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy to find a thread about this, as I am in EXACTLY the same boat.
My body is NOT cooperating with me yet as Kilian is such a boob monster, but when it finally does I want to get pg YESTERDAY... And dh is adamant about having only 2... :cry: I am beside myself every time we get into the 'discussion'.. which basically consists of him saying no, forget it, blah blah blah and me holding back tears and hating him for 3-4 days. :dohh:

Waiting for some useful tips ladies!!!
:hugs:

I'm on the same boat! When we met each other, babies was never in our discussion since we were 17/20 at the time. In April 2010 when we were 29/32 I became so broody, I could not think of anything else but we never talked about babies. I told him I wanted one and he said ok. That was easy!

Now I am as broody as the first time but my boyfriend is not ready yet he said. I told him I am ready for another one and to let me know when he will too. So far, no answers. I try to hint that I am still waiting for him by sending him studies about siblings and things like that! I'm actually trying to find some ways to hint, without being pushy about it. I know he wants another one because he would have said "No, I don't want anymore", he just stated that financially it would be hard, which is false!

Anyway, if any of you have successfully change your boyfriend/husband mind, please let us know hoe you did it! I can't wait any longer, I'm aging!

My OH uses the finance as a reason too. However it wouldn't be as expensive to begin with as we already have all the stuff from my DS.

Feel like I see babies everywhere :baby:

hi mamabel- it's been some time since this post but i'm pretty much in the exact position and am dying to know how it worked out for you. have amazing 7 and 4 year old boys and would love a 3rd boy, would be happy with a girl too. i'm 40, did an iui and miscarried in april at 7 weeks. then 2 failed iui's and my husband changed his mind and wants to stop. i feel this devastating loss of the 3rd i always imagined, and the 3rd we actually lost. also put my body through hell - got pregnant right away w first 2 and had no obvious issues but 3rd has been tough. now i don't know how to move past this!

This is my situation, I have two boys 6 and 3 and always wanted 4 but would settle for 3. Dh says he doesn't want to go back to the sleepless nights and finance and he still wants to have holidays. We were going to try last may but I talked him out of it. Now I want to try on January but every time we discuss it he says no or is negative about it and I end up upset. He has so much restraint too so no chance of a oopsie. :/

Hey ladies, i am currently trying to convince DH for baby number 3. He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo against having anymore !!

He loves the girls to bits, but he just doesn't want anymore!

I on the other hand, want another baby so much. I feel like there is a hole in my heart where another baby's love should be.

My hubby says that if I want another baby so badly, i should go and find somebody else to have a baby with :nope:

Our eldest daughter is 6 and our other daughter is 3. We go to Disneyworld Florida in 2 weeks time so when we get back there will be nothing to wait for.
The only problem is my coil is in place until november 2017! I seriously don't think i can wait that long :sad2::sad2:

Has anybody any advice I can do or say to hubby to change his mind!! I feel like im trapped!! :shrug:

And to make matters worse, my brother and sister in law are expecting TWINS!!! :sad2:

I have a huge success story, probably the ultimate success story.

DH and I were friends, completely platonic, for years before we became a couple. He was out of a divorce and in a crappy relationship with a woman who was a BEAST at faking pregnances to try and rope him into marriage. We're talking would buy poisitive pregnancy tests and wave them around and when he got suspicious and asked to go to doctor's visits and see ultrasounds, she'd say there was a cancellation and finally mysteriously miscarry. He'd suggest taking her to the ER to have her checked out, she'd refuse and flip out. Anyway... The marriage previous to that peach of a woman was another real peach (we'll save the details) who bore him three gorgeous daughters all in relatively short succession even when he was saying "let's wait, let's be more financially secure" etc etc as he was in the Navy and spent 11 out of his 14 years out at sea.

Needless to say, he was NOT interested in marriage or kids which, whatever, we were friends only and it didn't make a difference to me one way or the other.

Cue him leaving the military and splitting from Psycho-Peach. We started talking more frequently, I'd split from my ex after 7 years of dead ends, and we weren't thinking about a relationship or anything. I wanted kids. Motherhood was the holygrail of personal goals for me and I didn't want to miss it for anyone or anything and I had long ago understood where my now DH was coming from. He was/is also 11 years my senior and I'd written him off... Until he, one day, spouted off this grand confession/profession of how I made him want the whole enchilada again.

2 years later (and after 6 months of trying) we conceived our son and I was DETERMINED to have at least one more. I even told DH that while in the recovery room right after my C-Section. I got a "No way", and then a "We'll see." which then turned into a "Honey, he's my 4th. I'd like to be able to retire!" which turned into a discussion HE started over this past Memorial Day about baby names.

And then? Surprise. We got pregnant in June. Totally unplanned, I wasn't even tracking my cycles, nothing. We never use protection, so it's like we're constantly NTNP. DS is 20 months old at present and, yes, I was nervous to tell him, but he was over the moon and is super happy and attentive and just over all chirpy and spends his nights trying to feel the faintest flutter even though he knows the drill about how it can take a fair bit before he will.

So ladies... They usually come around. Just hang in there and try not to be super pesty. Plant the seed, talk about it every once in awhile, don't resort to theatrics, and it will likely take it's course :)

I'm definitely in the same boat here. Hubby has 2 sons from a previous marriage and we just recently (3 months ago) had a little boy of our own. So we only have one full time son and the other 2 once a week and every other weekend. He's very adamant about not having 4 kids because we would need a bigger vehicle, but with only having all 4 at most 10 or so days a month i don't see why it's such a big issue.... i've stopped bringing up having another baby because he gets a little pissy when i do, but somehow have made progress with him. lol it used to always be a definite NO, and just last week he showed me a pic of a little boy pulling a little girl in a wagon and said i can't wait for this (our son big enough to pull a wagon) lol and i said aww for the baby to have a little sister maybe?? he said i'm not saying yes and i'm not saying no. i'll take that over a definite no any day! i plan to bring it up in about a year after our little one is at least a year old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"