Anyone else trying to exercise consistently?

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
I try to bike 12 miles a day and go walking...so far I've been pretty successful. Last week I did 60 miles on the cycling bike at the gym and a 2 mile walk every day.

This is the first pregnancy I've had in which I've embraced cardio to this degree. I hope it prevents me from gaining too much weight and keeps me healthy.

Great fr you! First trimester was a killer fr me & needed rest fr a subchorionic hemorrhage. That was all resolved by 12 weeks, but wasn't able to pick it up again as i got scared doing too much! Almost 19 weeks now, and I'm walking a lot. That's about it. Good on you fr being so active. Can't wait to deliver and go mountain biking!

Yes.. Since about 11 weeks I've been pretty consistent with exercise. Started off slow since I couldn't do a lot until then from exhaustion. But I've worked my way to an hour of exercise a day. I go between cardio and strength workouts to get some of both. We also do a bit of walking. But here it is still hot out so it's like my last choice haha you sound like you're doing great!!! Keep going! :D

Oh and I'm still gaining more than I'd like with healthy eating and exercise but feel so much better at this point than my last and hoping it makes labor and recovery easier :)

My MW always told me there's no reason to discontinue my exercise routine during pregnancy. Just to look for reduced fetal movement and discontinue if sharp pain occurs. The only trouble has been finding the energy to do it! Godspeed to you and your heart.

I try to walk often and do some mild yoga, that's about all I can muster

I walk. Roughly five miles a day broken up into thirty minute walks. No where near as brisk as I used to. But my asthma is a bit of a challenge and being out of breath makes me throw up. I keep walking past my puke piles along my route...... doesn't exactly feel great. But I don't want to have an insane amount of weight to lose either even though I've lost seventeen pounds since getting pregnant. The doctor says cutting out all of my bad habits changing my diet so drastically and quickly and the morning sickness make that pretty typical. I just need to stop losing. Baby is great and growing beautifully without the coca cola and fried food.

Prior to pregnancy I was doing sprint training, running and weights. Due to bleeds etc I just cut back to weights [8k/16k] and do an hour 2 or 3 days then have a rest day. So far only put on 3lbs but that's sure to go up!!

I walk about 4 miles X5 a week. We live at the bottom of a hill, so some days I will also do the mile long hike up to the top.

12 miles of biking is amazing! Good for you!

I don't do anything aside from walks and a bit of light Yoga. I don't excercise normally either though. I have gained 5kg so far.

I exercised consistently in my 2nd pregnancy, but I find it impossible with this one. I am still dealing with nausea and fatigue at 16 weeks sadly. this pregnancy is def harder than my first two.

I've been exercising, walking 1-2 miles a day and doing different exercises, squats and legs lifts, no abdominal exercises, but arms and legs and butt :haha: it's hard to stay active when you feel so exhausted and only want to eat sweets!!!!

I kept up with cardio (I mix it up with bike, walking and elliptical) Zumba and yoga (once a week each). I need to add weights back but I'm so tired.

I've kept up with walking by making up reasons to commute to a big library for studying or finding other activities away from home. I'm currently walking more than 60 mins total every day, but I find even that simple walking quite taxing and I'm often out of breath or need to cut down on my pace due to feeling pressure low on my abdomen or getting a fast heart rate. So I wouldn't feel comfortable with trying anything more intensive than that. I've still put on 5 Kg despite curbing my appetite all the time, but I'm still within normal range I think. It just feels strange that my body is changing so much and there's so little I can do anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->