anyone else use cloth nappies and sposie wipes

I want cloth but DH doesn't seem to think they're good to use. :shrug:

Me!

I love sposie wipes and I'm not ashamed to admit it ;)

I only use cloth at home (Cheeky Wipes) and Jackson Reece disposies out and about.

Reading this thread i've got to say a few things... firstly, my OH thought reusable wipes were gross (even though he loves our nappies) so used the disposables for a month or so- till one day, we'd run out so he used a cloth wipe on a poo and that was it, he totally U-turned and now LOVES cloth wipes. He can't believe anyone would chose disposables over cloth!!!!! I agree of course. He used to hate the way poo smeared around with disposies and seeped through onto your hands- none of that with cloth. The Cheeky Wipes especially are FANTASTIC, we love them, one wipe easily does his mega poos, cos they are a bit 'rough' so really get all the poo off. And they just go in the bucket with the nappies. SO EASY. You don't need any fancy kit- we have a pile of wipes, a clip-lock container with water and a splash of baby bath in, and that's it. (Sometimes I add CW oils though cos it smells yum!). Oh, and we've never had nappy rash since we changed to cloth.

ETS: These are the Jackson Reece wipes: https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11971.html. I used to use the Naturcare ones, but the JR's smell sooooooooooo much nicer and stay lovely and moist in the pack and are much better ingrediants wise- and they are biodegradable.

We've always used sposie wipes, and we've used terries since Mog was born. I have to say that even if I had used resusables, I would have stopped around the solid poo stage - it's so useful to be able to bundle up a big solid poop in a disposable wipe! We use flushable liners now that the poo is solid, and maybe one or two wipes a nappy change. I love baby wipes, but we always used them to take make up off backstage and when i was a costumier we used them to clean spills and dirt from costumes in a hurry. So I have a long and affectionate history with them ;)

When we first switched to cloth I carried on using disposable wipes for a while. It was such a hassle to dispose of them separately so I switched to cloth wipes because they were far easier!

This was exactly the same for us! The wipes used for poo still needed to go in a nappy bag for hygiene reasons but I had no need to buy them anymore and we stopped having a bin in her room where she's changed as she was always in it so it meant wandering around the house with a wipe to throw out. Now it's reusables all the way except for the occasional disposable one. But when we use the disposable ones, we use the toddler flushable ones now. The nappy pail is in the bathroom so they just go down the loo and we're usually in a toilet if she's being changed outside of home too.

Just an FYI, you can get the Jackson Reese wipes in Sainsbury's now too :dance:

we tried baby nature care wipes i found them rubbish i get pampers sensitive as they reasonable priced x

I was looking to buy the cheeky wipes..they have a full set of 25 on ebay...but do you use the bamboo or terry ones? Do you think 25 is a enough...or do you use more than one per change??

I only use cloth at home (Cheeky Wipes) and Jackson Reece disposies out and about.

Reading this thread i've got to say a few things... firstly, my OH thought reusable wipes were gross (even though he loves our nappies) so used the disposables for a month or so- till one day, we'd run out so he used a cloth wipe on a poo and that was it, he totally U-turned and now LOVES cloth wipes. He can't believe anyone would chose disposables over cloth!!!!! I agree of course. He used to hate the way poo smeared around with disposies and seeped through onto your hands- none of that with cloth. The Cheeky Wipes especially are FANTASTIC, we love them, one wipe easily does his mega poos, cos they are a bit 'rough' so really get all the poo off. And they just go in the bucket with the nappies. SO EASY. You don't need any fancy kit- we have a pile of wipes, a clip-lock container with water and a splash of baby bath in, and that's it. (Sometimes I add CW oils though cos it smells yum!). Oh, and we've never had nappy rash since we changed to cloth.

ETS: These are the Jackson Reece wipes: https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_11971.html. I used to use the Naturcare ones, but the JR's smell sooooooooooo much nicer and stay lovely and moist in the pack and are much better ingrediants wise- and they are biodegradable.

I bought my cheeky wipes directly from them (www.cheekywipes.com). I got the kit (so both boxes, the wetbags, oils & wipes). I also got a 2nd lot of 25 wipes, as it worked out cheaper (getting the extra wipes meant I got free postage!).

I probably didn't really need 50 wipes, but I'm finding it useful now as I have them stashed in various places :rofl: Some in her bedroom, and some in the living room for wiping up after meals etc :)

ETA - when I first got them, they didn't do the bamboo ones. So mine are cotton, and have done absolutely fine. I generally use 1 for a pee, and however many it takes for a poo :rofl:

I do, simply because in the early-pregnancy days i went mad in the asda baby event. Ive still got a box load of bloody huggies size 2s to get rid of too :dohh:

I tried using a fleece wipe on a poonami explosion that obliterated my poor ivory itti, and frankly it sucked :shrug: it just smeared and all the poo fell off the wipe - whereas it "sticks" to sposie ones. Just like the poo falls off the fleece liners (good for flushing) i dont want wipes to do that, or it falls in my hand :wacko:

x

I do, simply because in the early-pregnancy days i went mad in the asda baby event. Ive still got a box load of bloody huggies size 2s to get rid of too :dohh:

I tried using a fleece wipe on a poonami explosion that obliterated my poor ivory itti, and frankly it sucked :shrug: it just smeared and all the poo fell off the wipe - whereas it "sticks" to sposie ones. Just like the poo falls off the fleece liners (good for flushing) i dont want wipes to do that, or it falls in my hand :wacko:

x

I wouldn't write off reusable wipes because of that though, I personally find fleece wipes completely useless. The ones I have are cotton velour on one side, fleece on the other (use the fleece for drying her bum!) and bamboo terry on one side with cotton velour on the other. I've used a fleece liner on a pooey bum when desperate and totally agree that for me a disposable is better than a fleece wipe.

hmmmm. so thats where i'm going wrong. :lol: i've just been using fleece wipes.
ok, so what do i need to get?

Meee! I asked OH about reusable wipes and he said no way :nope:

hmmmm. so thats where i'm going wrong. :lol: i've just been using fleece wipes.
ok, so what do i need to get?

Something that's absorbent (so that it holds onto the water/solution) is good, and a bit of texture is great for dirty bottoms/faces/hands. I have loads of different wipes - for dirty nappies, I like to use cotton terry wipes or cotton velour. Cotton terry is especially good for scrubbing! I like those wipes to have fleece on the other side as it stops the water coming through to my hands.

urgh, i so need a sewing machine so i can make these things myself!

Bamboo fleece is pretty good too as it has more texture than polyester fleece (once it's bobbled a bit in the first wash) and it's very absorbent. It also doesn't fray at all so you don't really need to sew it. It does curl up in the wash though so they need unrolling at the edges before use.

I use sposie wipes too hun, mainly cos I'm lazy!
I do intend on getting some reusable ones at some point tho, just waiting for our cash problems to settle down first, then I'll be getting some Spuggies ones :thumbup:

i use cheeky wipes
sposie wiped would be too much hassle for me stick the wipe in the nappy and ready for the wash all together easy peasy

we have sposies for travel when we use sposie nappies but thats all we use them for

I need to get back in to the habit of using reusable ones. I use my Little Lambs night time liners and old face towels, but when i cut them all up in to nice size I had forgotton to sew up the ends, so LO ended up with fluff all over his bum :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->