Anyone else waiting for that first AF?

blueeyedgirl1

PALTTTCAL!
Reaction score
I had a MMC a week ago and had a laparoscopy & ERPC last Tuesday. I'm at home recovering and already anxious about getting back to TTC.

Is anyone else in the same boat, waiting for the evil AF to show again so we can make a new effort? Will you be waiting for AF before you TTC again or are you going for it straight away? (I have to wait, have too much healing to do before I can start TTC again)

I am in the same boat, or Limbo land as i like to call it!! We have decided to NTNP this cycle and the next and then start TTC again feb/march time. Just cant face the thought of using protection and we are not over fertile anyway . .

i had a d&c on november 30th, having to terminate the pregnancy since we discovered at 12 weeks that the baby had anencephaly. especially heartbreaking as i have had three mmc before that. we are trying again, despite the fact that i haven't had a period yet - not knowing when to expect either. we have decided to try for five more months and then we will proceed with our lives without a child. i am 39 and know that there are more risks as i age, and aside from taking progesterone suppositories for the last pregnancy we have been trying to conceive without any extraordinary means. i am now taking prenatal vitamins, 4000 folic acid and baby aspirin each day. i have my husband off coffee, light on alcohol intake (tricky at this time of year!) and he is taking zinc. any suggestions of anything we might be missing?? we are going away for the first week of january to unwind, relax and get to baby making. hoping we get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy - soon - but i am cautiously optimistic, and many days down right pessimistic of that outcome.
i guess it is up to each woman to know how she is feeling emotionally and physically. i can sympathize with you in regard to the fact that until your body heals and is ready you just get frustrated and impatient as you wanted the baby you lost and you want to be pregnant again - right away. however, the time between can allow your emotions to level out and give you some perspective. i hope that you have a speedy recovery and that 2011 brings you good news.

Hi.
I sort of am in the same boat. I only had ERPC on Friday so I am not quite done yet with it but we won't be using any protection after the bleeding stops so I guess we'll be trying straight away.

Hello, I am just joining this forum from Miscarriage Support. I had my D&C on November 17th and decided to wait for one cycle to pass before TTC. I got an infection after the D&C which was just hell (loads of pain and antibiotics). Also the last thing on our minds that we wanted to do was have sex, as we were so traumatised by losing the baby. My OH is also starting counselling to help him through it. So anyway, my period has arrived today and both me and OH are ready to give it another go come New Years Eve. We're not sure whats going to happen but we're trying to be positive about the future.

yes, I'm in the same boat. I bled for 5 weeks, ending on 12/5. I'm think I ovulated about a week ago, I took a few OPKs that were getting lighter so I think I missed the positive, so I'm expecting to have a period by this weekend for me to be right. OH and I are not trying until I've had at least 3 normal cycles (per my doctor's advice). My cycles were really irregular this past year, so I'm hoping post m/c they will go back to 28 days like they used to be. I am hoping that is the cloud's silver lining.

I'm so sorry there's so many of us in the same boat. *hugs* to everyone!

OH and I haven't really actually managed to talk about TTC again. He's not the world's best communicator and I'm still crying too much. But we do both want to try again, I'm just not sure how soon he'll be ready to try again.

Hey Blueeyedgirl, I am in the same boat as you. My OH is also not a great talker and couldn't even bring himself to touch me in that way after the miscarriage, do you know what I mean? It brought back to many memories and he found it too traumatic. We've given each other time and taken it very slowly with no pressure. The first time we did it after the mc was very emotional and quite intense - I think we were both glad to have got over it. It wasn't a hurdle but it needed to be done so we felt normal again. Anyway, now I am on my period we are both feeling more positive about trying again but my husband is going to counselling to help him understand his feelings so he can talk to me. That was his choice and I support anything that makes it easier for the future! Anyway good luck to both of you and take the time you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->