Anyone else wanting one of each?

Pearls18

Reaction score
I am sooooo desperate for a girl next time and I feel so guilty, I am pretty certain it is because I am greedy and want one of each and would be saying it the other way around if we had a girl already, but part of me thinks I would be less desperate if I already had a daughter...you know, the whole mother/daughter thing. I love my son and am so happy to have given my DH a son I wouldn't change anything I wasn't disappointed to have a boy at all but just feel more pressure this time around, the thought of never having a daughter to have the relationship my mum and I have breaks my heart :( part of me thinks I just don't deserve the dream of one of each and that I'll never feel complete :( we are waiting another year due to finances, education etc but I always think if I could guarantee a girl I would have a baby right now, how bad is that :(

Its not bad at all. I think most people want one of each. There are exceptions of course. I have got a son and two daughters (twins) and if could guarantee one more boy as opposed to another set of twins (theres a high chance!) or another girl, then I'd be having him sooner rather than later, too.

I think a lot of people feel this way. In my experience most people get one of each without even thinking about it! I swear when you have a preference you tend to get the opposite. Ok, well, I did LOL. But I realize now that my second had to be another son, because if he had been a little girl we would have never have tried for another. We would have been set then and not had him. If I could have for seen that I'd eventually have my little girl (21 weeks pregnant with her now!) I would have been chill and it would have spared me a ton of anxiety on ttc and leading up until finding out.

But hey, you can't control these things!

Just go with it, you get what you get and you'll love the little one just the same. =)

I think it is quite a natural thing to want.

Oh and i had decided we were just having two and we already had 1 boy so i really wanted my 2nd to be a girl. I often joke and say that had number 2 been a boy then he would of felt the pressure to have more children as i really really wanted a girl.

Yes i'd like at least one of each, but have a feeling i'll have all girls. OH has 3 sisters, I have 1 and we have way more girls than boys in both families!

I want one of each. I wanted a girl first to be sure I had her but had a boy and cried. I wouldn't trade him for the world. Now I'm pregnant again and desperately wishing for a girl. But either way we're done with two.

I have 2 boys and a girl and I'm hoping for a girl this time to even things out. doubt i'll be so lucky tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->