anyone else with husbands/boyfs in forces?

Gemma Lou

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wondered if there is anyone else out there with partners in the forces. Does their job influence your decision at all? I have written another thread "worried about age gap" because I feel that we should plan baby number 2 around his job plans for next 2 years.......Anybody else doing a similar thing?

Hi, my hubby is in the army and we had similar worries. I suppose it depends which regiment your oh is in as some tend to be a little more predictable. My hubby is in the Parachute Regiment and we found it was just too hard to try and plan around where he will be etc as it changes at the drop of a hat so we just decided when it happened it happened. I would literally get a call in the morning saying 'We're off out, will be back in 3 weeks' so how on earth could we have planned around that? It always works out, so i say just go for it when you feel you are ready unless your oh tends to get a good amount of notice for exercise/ops. xx

My hubby is in the RAF reserves! He's literally just finished training and has been told he's off to Afghanistan at the end of the year for 6 months! Leaving me with what will be a one year old!! Scary as hell-dont know how forces wives/girlfriends do it xx

My hubby is in the RAF. He is currently away at the moment until August. He went away when our little one was 13 weeks old. We are in talks about when to TTC no 2 but I don't want to be left alone with a young baby again as it is tough x

Blimey, I don't know how you did it Pingu, bet he can't wait to get back and see you both! x

im a navy wife :)

darren wasnt on a sea faring submarine when i fell pregnant and had Ben so even though he worked away during the week he got a lot of leave and could see us at the weekends. he was then drafted to a submarine that i could live with him near and he wouldnt be going to sea for 2 years, we thought GREAT we will have number 2 and he can be around all the time and if we had fallen quickly the little one would have been one and Ben would have been 3 and starting playschool when he actually went to sea which would have made life easier!

unfortunately that draft fell through and we became of the mindset that if we put it off waiting for the navy to give him a decent draft then we might never have another baby! i came off the pill when he was due to do away in March with the intention of trying when he comes back from sea in June leaving at least 2 years between the kids. However his deployment got delayed by two weeks and i fell pregnant whilst he was on that short leave lol

Blimey, I don't know how you did it Pingu, bet he can't wait to get back and see you both! x

He can't wait to come home. I am just keeping focused on the plans we have for when he comes home, keeps me sane! We are lucky that he can get on the internet so I send him updates and photos of Eloise all the time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->