Anyone else with lower back pain?

Belle Shine

Reaction score
I always read that back pain is a bad sign so it has me a little worried.

I get lower back pain with my pmt for a couple of days then it goes. This month The pain actually started when I expected pmt to (so really thought AF was coming). Anyway, it has been on and off for the last week since but I have a strong BFP so I'm wondering if it is something to worry about or just another weird and wonderful symptom?

Xx

I suffered with back pain all the way through my 1st pregnancy (had a previous back injury). This time round I haven't suffered as much so far, however last few days have been bad but I think it's due to doing lots where I've not done much over Xmas. I'm also convinced it's something to do with the way bubs is lying.
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, just rest as much as you can and keep an eye on it :)

I've had a slight backache on and off. It mostly feels like my Back is stiff? Hard to explain lol. Kinda the same feeling that AF is coming. But like you, I got a strong pos at 8dpo so I think back pain is normal?

I've had terrible lower back pain over the last couple of days, it's like a constant dull ache and it's worse when I'm sitting down. I'm trying not to worry but it's hard especially when Google tells you things you don't wanna hear! It's similar to the pain I had for months after ds was born so hoping it's just something to do with that.

I never had back pain pre pregnancy, but that was my first big symptom. I went to the doc for it multiple times in the 1st trimester, it was awful. Went away around the 13 week mark finally, but making a return now in the 3rd tri not as bad though. Feel better!

Me! The Dr thought I had the flu last week because I was so achey and had a fever but I got my bfp a couple of days later. Still getting lower back pain now but it's not as painful. I got it last time aswell so I should have known really lol x

Lower back pressure was about my only pregnancy symptom before BFP! Why do you think it's a bad symptom?

I had bad back pain all my last pregnancy in my lower back

Ever since before my BFP I've had it with this one too

With my miscarriage I had no back pain just agonising cramps in my uterus and bleeding

I have had it on and off in my lower back is getting my Bfp. It's usually worse when I wake up, and then it goes away after I walk around a little

I've got previous back problems (extra vertebrae and other fun mutations), and since my BFP, my back has been just terrible. We drove home from Colorado yesterday (about 13 hours), and I was close to tears the entire time. I wasn't able to sleep for a few nights, either.

I think that, apart from other symptoms, back pain is not entirely uncommon. It's the same sort of back pain I get before AF pays a visit, so I'm not too very worried about it. It comes and goes, but it's not fun!

I have terrible back aches which started with pregnancy.

Mostly its triggered sitting , laying on hard floor or walking or any excercise or longer workdays.

OBG-GYn said its normal but when i look online, it cuold be sciatica and blah blah problems that come with pregnancy and i get scared.
Moreover, I know from my friends family experience, they get permanent back aches from pregnancy.

Yep, on and off but there. I remember it from early pregnancy with DD too, we went to a gig when I was 6 weeks and I couldn't stand for long without needing to sit so I spent most of it sitting on the floor :haha:

Thank you ladies, that does put my mind at ease. It is the same kind of pain I usually get when AF comes to town and it has been on and off since a few days before I got my BFP. I wonder if it has anything to do with where the seedling is implanting as I don't seem to be getting other AF type cramps really xx

I've had it ever since 4 weeks, I'm now nearly 9 weeks. It can radiate all the way up my back sometimes but it's mostly lower aching. I saw the heartbeat last Friday too. Everything will be okay!x

It's totally normal. If you think about it, your uterus is shifting (even in the early days) and baby is growing by leaps and bounds at this point. Hormones also cause your pelvis ligaments to loosen up and stretch, which can cause a back ache. Round ligament pain, which can feel like period cramps in early pregnancy but only on the sides of your belly, is another common symptom. Having had several losses and two kids, I can say that a lower back ache isn't always a sign things are going bad. I had horrid sciatic nerve pain with both my kids and had a pretty bad attack of it this morning too. I've found a warm bath or shower or a heating pad can help ease the ache, as does pushing fluids (in case it's due to a UTI). Also, doing Cat/Cow yoga stretches will help stretch those lower back muscles out. When it gets particularly bad, I head to my chiropractor and he can usually adjust my hips/pelvis if they are out of place. If you do go to the chiropractor though, MAKE SURE TO TELL YOU ARE A PREGNANT. There are some adjustments they have to do differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->