Anyone else worry about population?!?!

Reaction score
I'm only ntnp for #1 at the moment but DH and I agree that we'll stop at 2 - we both want to help avoid overpopulation if we can, whilst still having beautiful baby/babies to bring up and love.:blush: Does anyone else worry about this too or am I the (really) odd one out?!:shrug:

mmm...I looked into it, and dont worry about it too much. Global population is actually decreasing over time, and some countries are bribing folks into concieving.

There are so many kids out there right now who dont have homes or families, etc. And theres about 490,000 babies born a day world wide! Thats what I think about sometimes... But there has also been a decline in babies being born in the US since 2008. I believe alot of ppl think about it as well, but like me-want a child of their own to bring into this world, carry on their legacy and to love. =)
***Hubby and I are planning on having one child.

I have absolutely never thought about overpopulation! The world is huge and there is plenty of space for more. We could all do more to live more responsibly but if we bring more children into the world aware of their sustainable responsibilities then we'd be helping the cause not hindering it (IMO).

I do however think about all the babies and children already in the world who need a family to love and care for them. I desperately want to carry and have my own children with my husband but i'd also love to adopt or foster more in the future.

i also think about all the children. someday i hope to be a foster parent. Too many children get moved between foster homes too often.

Thanks for the replies, interesting to see other views. I'd been looking up :coffee: some info on it as I knew we (people in general) are already stretching natural resources; and the united nations' predicted global population rise is staggering. :wacko: Of course it's only predicted, doesn't mean it'll happen! But it does make me think about what sort of a world I'm planning on bringing a child into and what they might do when they grow up. Don't want to depress anyone so really sorry if I've done that, :dohh: just wanted to find out what other people think too. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat about it too.

I have thought about it, but only after it was mentioned by a friend.
There is definitely a reason to think about it, but it's also relative - it all depends on your lifestyle, where you life etc etc. Obviously if you live in a place where unemployment is high, people live below the poverty line and there are very few job opportunities then it's sensible to have fewer children. However if your circumstances and location would allow for a growth of the population in your area, then it's not so much of a problem.
I also think It's also down to personal choice - some people only want (and will only have) one child, others will have 8. And a higher number of women than ever before choose not to have children at all, as it's not the 'done thing' for everyone to marry and procreate anymore, hehe :)

I don't think it's something to 'worry' about unless you are one of the people directly affected, in a way. It's sensible to consider it though; if everyone had 4/5 children then we would all be in trouble!

Well I am not worried about Europes population. that is declining actually(unlike the rest of the world(except japan maybe)

I think about it sometimes. I've only ever wanted to have one child, though. So I won't be contributing to population increase, unless I go through a drastic shift in thinking!

I know my OH thinks 2 kids is the ideal number, so he may try to convince me to have a 2nd at some point. :haha:

I definitely think about it. I'd like three, but we're going to have (if nature allows) two kids. If you think that every person will have a car etc, it all effects the climate. It's one more car on the road (and there are a lot already). It worries me especially, as people are living longer.

Never thought about it really.We plan to have one child if we're lucky enough for that to happen.

hmmmm i had never really thought of it tbh. my mam is the youngest of 7 kids, my grandpa worked to support them all. my mam went on to have 7 kids (although my dad had the snip after 6 kids but my baby bro came along 7yrs later). i have 3 kids from 2 failed relationships and my OH has 3 kids from his marriage. we are TTC but we know we only want one. daft thing is much as i love my kids i never EVER wanted any but i am now trying for my 4th!!! we both work and are in a good financial position to support all 7 of our kids but in an ideal world we would have met before we had any kids and just had a couple together lol our kids ages are.....

so now everyone thinks we are crazy to want a baby together bcos all our kids are older but we have everything else and a baby would be the icing on the cake.
much love
rachel
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back