Anyone else WTT due to financial reasons? Need some encouragement! Rea

Sunshine32

Reaction score
Sorry – wasn’t sure Baby fever is progressively getting worse lol – especially since we’ve been married two years now and can’t hardly leave the house without someone “so when are you two having a baby???” As much as we both want a baby, now’s just not the right time. I have a large load of student loan debt and that takes a good chunk of my income. We make okay money for our area, age group, education levels, etc, however, the extra money just isn’t there.

A couple of close friends/family members just keep pestering on this and I’ve even bluntly said, “Hah – we can barely afford ourselves right now.” Then they come back with the dreaded, “If you wait until you can afford kids you’ll be waiting forever.” Seriously. When did wanting to be financially responsible before starting a family become a bad thing?

I just at least want to get my student loans paid down to 1/4 of what I have now before we even CONSIDER a baby.

Anyone else in a similar boat? Anyone have a “nice-ish” way to get people off our backs about it? It’s especially hurtful when we really wanted kids right away but can’t do to certain circumstances.

Man. I really wish it would let you edit posts or delete and re-enter them. Please disregard the "Sorry - wasn't sure" in the first sentence and the random Rea at the end of the title.

I can relate! We're waiting until we have a little more money saved up. We were waiting until we payed our house off which happened in April, so now we're trying to save up money!

We've been married almost two years and get the "when are you having kids" question often. It's hard when you have major baby fever, constantly see pregnancy announcements on social media, and friends/family are "encouraging" us to have kids. But you'll get there! And then you'll be glad you waited until you were more financially ready. It's responsible and smart. I hope it goes by fast and happens quickly!

We were WTT for what seemed forever haha. Now he's here, and I'm broody for number 2. It's just as hard waiting for number 2 :/

We waited until we had cleared a large amount of our credit card off, and we did. Now I'm back at work, but part time, we can't afford another yet. I'm hoping to get a better paid job, cause the drop in pay on maternity leave in my current job is too much x

I can definitely relate. DH and I just got married after being together 8 years and I'm ready to become a hermit because everyone keeps asking that question. We are waiting til May for financial reasons but people asking makes it really hard! We refuse to clue anyone in that we are planning for next year so our only answers are "eventually" and "do you want to pay for it?".

I can definitely relate. We're lucky enough to own our own house paid off, but it's been a struggle financially as after Uni both myself and FH1 were out of work, and shortly after I met FH2 (We're a polyamorous family), he was made redundant.

We are now in a place where all 3 of us now have stable work - FH2 was having to live with his father in another city for 2 years for work, but found out yesterday he got a (much better) job within my company he applied for, so will be moving in just over a week. But waiting to try is so frustrating.

Our commitment ceremony/wedding is booked for october 2016, and all of FH1 and part of me really wants to start TTC straight after - but after the wedding is paid off, there's so many things around the house we need to do, and my student overdraft/a loan on the boiler to finish paying off

It definitely peaked around the 2 year mark for us being asked when we were having kids. Good for you for realizing it isn't the right time yet for you all! I think after the 3rd year it started easing up on being asked.

My response was ALWAYS "in a few years. We still have a few things we want to do first." I said that right up until we announced our pregnancy (we were married 5 1/2 yrs before we got preggo). With the second one, we have been asked a lot when the next one is coming and I just say that we would like a 2-3 year gap. People have done the math and have stopped asking now lol.

Good luck hun. It will ease up, promise, just have to ride it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->