Anyone else wtt for number 2 and terrified?!

Yeah - I'm worried about if I go early again, and if so by how much - could it be earlier, I'm worried about if I don't (!) as N was a *big* baby - and he's still 95th centile now.

I'm worried about bf - I want to try but don't want to put myself through all that again.

It's all a bit of a mess - but I have a year at least (am considering pushing for a Jan 2014 start for TTC but we'll see)

Has anyone tryed using a tens machine for there contractions and for/through labour aswell as gas and air? Or ever considered them?

Has anyone tryed using a tens machine for there contractions and for/through labour aswell as gas and air? Or ever considered them?

I hired a tens machine from my antenatal classes. I was in labour for 10 hours at home before I went in and that was what got me through it. Doesn't take the pain away, but certainly helped make it more bearable. Took it to hospital with me but didn't use it once I got onto gas and air.

I got through the 'ring of fire' and most of labour with my tens machine. A bloody brilliant investment. Word of advice though, check the size of the buttons, make sure your birth partner knows how to work them, and come up with some kind of simple signalling system for upping/lowering the speed and upping/lowering the intensity during contractions.

DO NOT try it while pregnant however - it can trigger premature labour - so come up with the system without switching the machine on!

I went into labour too early to have thought about this stuff and ended up just randomly flapping my hand at DH and he had to interpret that as best he could.

I threw the gas and air away at the end of labour (they thought I was relying on it too much and wanted me to count to THREE between puffs - too bloody complicated amid last stage pushing!!!!!)

I feel for you. My induction process started at 9pm on the Friday night. Max's labour was horrific, I bled, I had an emergency section and that was under general anaesthetic. 2 days old he was taken to Nicu, 9 days old they realised he had a fissure and required surgery, we didn't get him home till he was 2 weeks old. It was scary house first 9 days no one knew what was wrong with him. My milk didn't kick in so I was unable to breast feed. At 15 months he's really not a great sleeper. Last night was the first night in ages he's sttn. And then it was 8.15 - 5am. I think I prefer the waking once nightly. He majority of the time also bed shares.

On top of all this up un till he was 5 months old I has to do anal dilatations 3 times a day to ensure his surgery stayed the way it was supposed to and his passage didn't heal over again and that it stretched without tearing and causing him issues. It was awful.

I love my baby boy I really do. But I'm so terrified of this ever happening again. Xxx

This sounds so scary and its no wonder you're terrified.

My friends regularly ask me when I am having baby number 2 and that I can't leave max as an only child. But at the moment as much as I don't want him to be an only child I can't ever see me having another.

It will be something that me and my partner will have to have a huge think about as it did put a strain on our relationship too.

But they do say no two pregnancies are the same and 2 labours are not too. So hopefully all those of us with difficult labours are able to have amazing ones next time round :) xx

But they do say no two pregnancies are the same and 2 labours are not too. So hopefully all those of us with difficult labours are able to have amazing ones next time round :) xx

Yes to this. We are meant to start trying next month, well ntnp really, if any of you ladies are considering it soon it'd be lovely to touch base every once in a while, just to share any coping techniques or thoughts on birth management (is that even a thing?!?)

Yes to this. We are meant to start trying next month, well ntnp really, if any of you ladies are considering it soon it'd be lovely to touch base every once in a while, just to share any coping techniques or thoughts on birth management (is that even a thing?!?)

I'm planning ntnp in around 3 months hopefully :flower:

i do want to go and maybe speak to someone about birth beforehand though (guess I should hurry up on that one) Are you going to try and speak to someone about birth options/coping techniques? Or wait until bfp? x

I'm planning ntnp in around 3 months hopefully :flower:

i do want to go and maybe speak to someone about birth beforehand though (guess I should hurry up on that one) Are you going to try and speak to someone about birth options/coping techniques? Or wait until bfp? x

I think I'm gonna just wait till bfp, one step at a time/cross the bridge when you get there and all that.

I know I'd *like* to consider a vbac but other than that I'm totally open to anything and everything!

If you do chat to someone keep us updated!

@tinkerbelle93 @sheebee

Check out link to find out more.(I pasted a small part about what pain relief is used, so do check out link for there findings.) hope it's of help.

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/03march/Pages/pain-relief-methods-labour.aspx

What pain relief methods did it look at?
The review covered a number of pain relief methods including:
epidurals: is an injection of anaesthetic drugs in between the spinal bones but outside the spinal cord, and can be delivered either through single injections or fed as needed through a fine tube left in the lower back
Combined spinal epidurals (CSE): as per a regular epidural a CSE is a low dose injection of fast-acting pain relief (a mini-spinal), but an epidural tube is also placed so that further drugs can be given as the effects of the mini-spinal wear off. The aim of CSEs is to provide faster pain relief than epidurals alone.
inhaled analgesia: known as Entonox or ‘gas and air’
injected or intramuscular opioid painkillers (such as pethidine)
non-opioid painkillers: such as paracetamol, ibuprofen and so on.
local anaesthetic nerve blocks
sterile water injections: injected into the skin over the base of the spine
immersion in water: when a woman uses a special pool during labour
relaxation methods: such as breathing and yoga
acupuncture
massage
hypnosis
biofeedback: where the woman receives signals as to her pulse, heart rate etc.)
aromatherapy: the use of essential oils
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS): a mild electric current is passed through the skin to reduce nerve pain signals

Also check out this site...

https://www.readysteadybaby.org.uk/you-and-your-pregnancy/planning-for-the-birth/index.aspx

(In case anyone missed first link on post before, here it is:-)

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/03march/Pages/pain-relief-methods-labour.aspx

We are going to start ttc #2 in April / May time. With my son the actual labour and birth were relatively simple compared to some of your stories. My waters broke but had no contractions. Had to go in to be induced but was already 3 cm dilated so a good stretch and sweep got me into full blown labour. The horrible part was that I had absolutely no break between my contractions. I remember a midwife describing them as a train as they were thick and fast. Labour only lasted 4 hours but it was the aftercare that was horrible for me. No help or support from any of the midwives. I had ds on Christmas Eve and was allowed to go home on Christmas Day and not even one person said happy Christmas. I would be more anxious next time as I know what to expect with regards labour and delivery! X

Yep terrified for sure. My DS is an all round great kid, labour <--whats that? and C-section after 4 days of people phishing around putting pessaries in that made absolutely NO difference no softening no dilation. Zip. Zilch. Nada. 7, yep 7 attempts at a spinal failed and I needed a general, I am petrified of needles, I am an emetophobe nausea/vomiting absolutely terrifies me and I have just been told it looks like I have IBS so most foods make me ill at the moment. I get married in July and want another baby but with all of the above I have to keep second guessing and having mini panic attacks just thinking about it *facepalm*

I have a fear of being sick too, but when you grow new life ..you learn to deal with it and try not to think about it..(focus on the baby to be:)
(With my other pregancys... I would almost just live off ice pops and crackers.. For the first trimester and anything else a bonus. (TMI) Avoid milk as that ain't nice to bring up .. Water is fine though.. And I also had a hanky with nice perfum on it to smell .. (To avoid nasty smell that would make u sick.. ) plus I always had a bottle of water to sip on.

Oddly I drank orange juice and ate jaffa cakes, I practically lived on them, was weird, I refuse to get pregnant this month as baby would be due in december...I already have one december baby!

So I've been formally diagnosed with moderate/serious endometriosis - apparently I was 'lucky' to conceive Nathan.

Bugger.

So I've been formally diagnosed with moderate/serious endometriosis - apparently I was 'lucky' to conceive Nathan.

Bugger.

Oh dear, you must be feeling pretty crappy right now. Sending positive thoughts your way x

Bugger.

Aw sorry hun :( The fact is you DID conceive Nathan though so I wouldn't give up hope :hugs: xx

Now TTC is ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT.

We can in no way afford another baby right now nor fit another baby into our lives but does my body listen????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->