Anyone else...?

J

Jade--x

Look at facebook on Friday and Saturday nights and see everyone commenting on how they're going out getting mortal etc. and just think..I'm so glad that's not me? :coffee:

I decided to go on facebook for the first time in forever and it's just full of them status's - And photos of the alcohol they're drinking.

I've never been a big drinker or one to go out so I've never been bothered about going out, so I guess I just don't get why they get so excited and their whole week revolves around the weekend to spend hundreds on alcohol that they're just going to throw up later that night and not remember it in the morning :shrug:

Am I just a weirdo for not getting it :blush:

Sorry to hijack another post :dohh:

I was a big drinker before LO, although i prefered pubs with friends than clubs. I used to drink a lot at home too. I've never been through the stage of going out every weekend though.

Since having LO (January) I've been to 1 club.. And came home early, been to two birthday parties.. And I think thats it? I've had the odd drink in, as my OH doesn't drink, but I'm not too fussed about it anymore.

I think it's a sign of growing up - LO's are more important than a bit of booze and doing stupid things on a Saturday night. :happydance:

The thought of a hangover with LO just puts me off wanting to go out!!

I rarely ised to get hungover before I got with OH. Before, I was at uni, out every fri night when I came home and would wake up fresh as a daisy. When I settled down night outs became more rare and hangovers started showing their ugly faces. I just wanted to sit on the sofa with a clear path to the toilet.

I always like the thought of going out, but once I'm there I remember why I don't go out much. I always end up too drunk, it's hot, my feet hurt, the clubs are like a bloomin cattle market with people looking for a potential mate for the night, then you have the hassle of trying to find a cab!!

Give me my slippers and a bag of m&m's any day!!

I have never been a big drinker..may have the odd drink on a occasion like christmas or something but nothing more..and i have only been really drunk Once in my whole life....My 21st Birthday Party :haha:
I have always thought that..whats the point in going out one night spend alot of money..dont remember the next day and feel ill too

I would much rather keep my money and go shopping :D lol

I'm really lucky I've never ever had a hangover..And my mates all hate it but seeing the state of some of them the morning after the night before..I don't want to have one either :haha:.x

I've only had one hangover and again that was my 21st..but it only lasted about a hour then i was right as rain and went shopping :haha:

I was never a big drinker either and hardly went out clubbing until i moved out with DH and started going clubbing at 24, i didnt get the point of it :dohh: - now i got LO and currently expecting again, i rather have a quiet night in with DH and a dvd.

All my FB friends are partying it up and keep updating their statuses on FB - its kinda boring tbh... just same old, same old lol...

Not on facebook but OH is, and he CONSTANTLY complains about his mates doing that. He has a brother like that too. OH's brother goes out drinking probably every weekend sometimes 2 or 3 times a week and in 90% of the pics of him on facebook he has beer in hand. And we have many friends who act like him too. Nat went out a while back with his friends and came home 2 hours later. In just 2hrs his friends were off their heads and started saying he should leave me, he doesn't need to be tied down and that our kids were bast***s.. OH ignored them for a while but they couldn't even remember it they were so drunk. These people are so irresponsible and immature, and I don't people will get a good impression of you from you're posts! Seriously we don't need a update on who they are with, where they are and what they're drinking every 5 minutes. If I were on facebook i'd probably go insane, especially when people tag you in pictures you aren't even in. Recently Nat was tagged in some random pics of a stripper, beer and a blow up doll... he wasn't even at that party, let alone in the pictures. Stupid really! Now, rant over... I have quite a temper lately

I'm really lucky I've never ever had a hangover..And my mates all hate it but seeing the state of some of them the morning after the night before..I don't want to have one either :haha:.x

Never ever had a hangover! You lucky thing! Haven't had one in years.. but boy did I suffer in the past! Haha

What gets me is they are out - having fun - yet their posting on facebook - obviously having a blast with their mobiles out :lol:

What gets me is they are out - having fun - yet their posting on facebook - obviously having a blast with their mobiles out :lol:

I've said the exact same thing, actually commented on it saying it can't be that great if you're on here talking about it :haha:

What annoys me the most is I see girls that go out every single weekend - And they have children :shrug: I don't get it. One girl has 2, the youngest not even 4 weeks old and shes out all the time :nope: I couldn't do it.x

I've noticed that more of my friends statuses on fb are about them staying in at the weekends now...think it's a sign I'm getting old haha :)

I do see comments from the odd few of my younger relatives about going out and getting smashed and it leaves me feeling kinda smug sitting on the couch in my pjs wth a nice cuppa :rofl:

Im guilty of going out, having a amazing time and posting photos while I'm out!
Im stark drunk, I dont know why I do it but it seems a great idea to let everyone see what Im doing at the time!

x

I completely agree. I used to be such a party girl, from 16-19 years old I'd be out every friday, saturday and sunday night. Literally, my whole life revolved around it. I'd do anything to get the money to go out with my so called friends on the weekend. But I moved in with my fiance 8 months ago and it all stopped. My mum warned me once I moved out all my money would go on our home not drinking and I told her I was ready for it, everyone said I wouldn't last. When I stopped going out I lost pretty much all of my friends, I tried to get together to go shopping etc but they're not interested. I went out last week for my best friends birthday, I was out half an hour and wanted to go home, two hours later I made the excuse I felt sick and got OH to pick me up. Eight months on I couldn't be happier, if I have any spare money it goes on a Chinese take away now haha. Not good for me ether :blush: but give me a hot bubble bath, dvd and take away with my OH any day to a night out drinking.

Most of my facebook is full of mummys and the odd clubbers from school days but the majority are all mums i talk too x

I used to go out every weekend (and often during the week) when I was 17/18 before I got pregnant/had Elyse. Luckily, Facebook mobile was ancient and really annoying to use back then so no one really did that stuff... I'm not really annoyed by it but I don't think it is 'cool' lol.

Also I can't really fault people for going out every weekend but it amazes me that none of my OH's friends (they do it more than mine really) have grown up yet, they're showing no signs of intending to do so either, they're no spring chickens either, like 25 years old, maybe time to think about moving out of mum's and trying a bit harder at work, settling down with your girlfriend or not dating a little tart :wacko: I mean it's their prerogative but I really am worried by the immaturity of these people.

When i think of how i feel when drunk, it makes my head spin.
I like the odd glass of wine and a night out but not so much getting drunk anymore.

I still like my weekends out :blush: I have nothing else to do at the weekend anyway cos Maria is at her dad's then so I go out and get drunk with my friends (although lately I've been staying in with my boyfriend instead a bit more than going out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->