anyone else?

raychmumtobe

Mummy to my Boofles <3
Reaction score
Anyone else feeling a little lost now that their babies are grasping independence?

My baby is now 2, she goes to nursery 3 days a week, 5 hours at a time.

Since she started in January, shes becoming so much more independent, playing on her own, wanting to go to her room to watch movies and play with her toys...

Shes even started trying to feed herself over the past few days, she just goes in the fridge and starts pulling out yoghurts, opening them and then trying to get a spoon out of the drawer to eat it... She tells me when shes hungry and tries to go into the freezer to get something for din-dins... Last week i was struggling to get her to eat, now i cant get her out of the fridge-freezer!

Shes really coming along with toilet training too, tells me she wants a wee or poo, climbs onto the toilet, wipes, flushes... the full shebang.. Doesn't even like wearing pull-ups anymore! Shes obviously ready to come out of them.. but im nervous! :nope:

Today she even asked for a shower instead of a bath, and all i did was turn the thing on and she shampoo'd her hair, scrubbed her body with some body wash and a flannel and put toothpaste on her toothbrush and brushed her teeth! She then got our nail brush and sat down to clean her toenails! I didnt do a darn thing!

Its all happening so quickly! :cry:

Her speech is getting really good too... i can actually have short conversations with her now... Her pronunciation isnt perfect, but shes coming along great...

Im not sure why im so sad about this... I am incredibly proud of her... but i just feel like a bit of a spare part whilst shes moving on if you know what i mean?
She still loves cuddles with mummy, and shes always telling me she loves me and asking for kisses... she even says "whats up mummy?" if im upset, even says "its okay" and strokes my face if she sees me crying... She clearly loves me.. and i know she needs me... But i think the fact she doesnt need me as much is upsetting me a little.

Am i alone in this?
Or is it entirely normal to feel this way?

I think this is totally normal. I think us mums need to be needed. Its probably why my mum is a pain in the ass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->