Anyone else.......

Linny

Reaction score
......have problems putting your baby down without them getting upset, even for just a few mins not just nap times?

Since LO was born she's always wanted to be held over putting her down anywhere else and I assumed it was 'normal' and she would grow out of it!

She's 10 weeks old now and still fusses if I try put her down. We bought a play mat, moses basket & bouncer before she was born and she won't go in the moses basket or bouncer at all without crying and the play mat she might do 5 or 10 mins on it if she's in the right mood! Then a few weeks ago out of desperation we bought a swing which she will go in sometimes.

Basically my day is spent holding her in my arms and carrying her around and trying to put her in her swing for a few mins so I can eat or attempt to tidy a little. Sometimes she's fine for 20 mins and other times she won't stay for any time at all.

Anyone else experience this? I just feel like I can't every get anything done some days :)

Its normal even for a 2 month old :)
Have you considered a carrier to put her in so you can go do other things?

Thanks! I have a baby carrier that i take her out in sometimes and she loves that but she's getting heavy so usually can only have her in it for an hour at most!

It might sound bad but when Draken did that id try to distract him with a toy. If that didn't work the I'd just let him cry it out (depending on the level of crying) and only for a few minutes.

What carrier do you have?
Alot of mainstream shop bought ones arent that great because they put too much strain on your shoulders. There are soft bodied ones like a Mei Tai that tie around your body and give much more support. I still carry at 24lber in one :)

Alot of mainstream shop bought ones arent that great because they put too much strain on your shoulders. There are soft bodied ones like a Mei Tai that tie around your body and give much more support. I still carry at 24lber in one :)

I was going to ask the same thing. I have a Boba baby carrier and I can carry him for hours with no pain at ALL. In my snugli its about 10 minutes before everything is hurting.

oh right, wow i'l look into that then thanks. mine's a tomy freestyle one!

Feel free to take a look in the natrual parenting section for some suggestions :D

I was going to ask the same thing. I have a Boba baby carrier and I can carry him for hours with no pain at ALL. In my snugli its about 10 minutes before everything is hurting.

The Boba looks gorgeous! We have an Ergo and used to have a Connecta and various other wahm mei tais

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->