Anyone else's baby "high maintainance"?! help!

JessNJeremy

Reaction score
My little girl just isn't happy in one position or one way for very long :(
If she is laying down she will be content for about 10-15 mins then fusses to be moved or picked up and does this alll day! Is this normal and I am just overreacting? It doesn't seem normal to me and it is sooo hard to get things done around the house because she doesn't like to be left alone if she is awake and she prefers to be held.

Is there any advice out there? Or anyone with a similar baby?

i sympathise...mine won't sleep during the day unless she's being held!! house is a tip... she'll occassionally sit in her rocker for five minutes. do i have to 'let her get used to it' by crying, cos that's what she does? she's nearly five weeks old...what have you tried? do you breast feed?

if i know she is tired i will put her in her swing and she'll sometimes fall right asleep and sometimes she'll cry just a bit then fall asleep but usually in the evenings ( like atm ) she will just scream her little head off and just won't settle or be happy
she is on formula now

you could try them sleeping in a sling, might give you the mobility to get on with whatever whilst giving them the feeling of being held.

Bella is the same way. They have the attention span of a gnat so they get bored very easily! Bella hates her swing and always has. Now that she is getting bigger, she really likes her gym and her jumper. She's finally starting to entertain herself for about 15 mins. before she gets bored.

Skyler is also a 'high need/fussy' baby. I wrap him up and place him in a sling. Only thing that calms him. He can also sleep for hours in a sling where as with a crib the max he will sleep is 35mins. At night we co-sleep and then he just wakes for feeds and continues to sleep.

Charlotte in particular had days where she was all fussy and clingy. The sling was a life-saver and meant I could carry on at least a bit.

hmmm i'm definitely going to have to try a sling. in fact i have one but i haven't used it because i didn't think she'd like it because she also hates her car seat so i figured she just didn't like being confined. but i will definitely try it tomorrow. we don't have a gym thing or activity mat (whatever they are called) because where I am there is such a poor selection of baby toys etc. the only one they sell here doesn't even look like it would keep a baby's attention for 30 seconds :( but i plan on looking online to buy one. thanks for all the replies!

charlies the same if i leave him any longer than 15 minutes he starts grisling which will turn into screaming , i do put him on a blanket on the floor and put kids channel on for him and that keeps him entertained for a bit , he loved his bouncer but is getting bored of it now, i really want a play mat and a swing but cant afford it at the moment xxx

I don't think I've ever been able to put Caitlyn down for more than 5 mins. I have a sling now though.

I'd also recommend a sling - they are a godsend:happydance: Jack will play on his rainforest gym for about 10 mins max, he gets frustrated with the toys on his rocker, keeps hitting his rattles & toys off his bumbo tray & gets fed up rolling around on a blanket on the floor - we were given a playnest with gym which he seems to like as he can sit up a little, see whats going on & play in comfort, we also just got him a door bouncer which he loves, so it is getting slightly easier:happydance:

i feel so much better just knowing my LO isn't the only one like that! i was worried because all i was reading were sweet cute posts about how good and cute everyone's LO's were being and of course Jocelyn coos and smiles and does cute things, but mostly she is fussy lol

i can't wait until she is just a little bigger to sit in a bumbo (hopefully she likes it) or jump in a door jumper or activity center thing!

If she is laying down she will be content for about 10-15 mins then fusses to be moved or picked up and does this alll day! Is this normal and I am just overreacting? It doesn't seem normal to me and it is sooo hard to get things done around the house because she doesn't like to be left alone if she is awake and she prefers to be held.

I trained Chayil from day one.

After I finish feeding/change her and she's cool, she goes right in the crib.

She doesn't cry when I put her down.

All babies get fussy, but it doesn't get to the point where I can't walk out the room.

She's good. I don't play that. I layed down the law, right away.

No hand, hand all day.

Mello

Abby is like that of a day time but sleeps just about all night so i cant complain i think all babies are not high maintnence cars are high maintnence babies are highly in need of love.

I trained Chayil from day one.

After I finish feeding/change her and she's cool, she goes right in the crib.

She doesn't cry when I put her down.

All babies get fussy, but it doesn't get to the point where I can't walk out the room.

She's good. I don't play that. I layed down the law, right away.

No hand, hand all day.

Mello

i dont believe you can train a newborn. they are tiny and scared. if they need holding then do it i say. sod the cleaning. that can wait.
thats how i see it.
i think you cant spoil a newborn - they cant calm themselves if they get upset, they need reassurance from us.
Ted is clingy but i'll hold him. one day he'll be older and mote able to cope alone. then i'll leave him more (from 3 months maybe).

i got a sling too - he loves it - you can find some good demonstrations on youtube on how to use them and the differeent positions - mine baffled me at first. this user is good - sakurabloombabysling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhu7jNne1I&feature=user

search all her videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->