Anyone elses cat going nuts???

mommysbabys11

Reaction score
So my date changes with every scan I get... But the latest puts me at 7 weeks 2 days.

MY CAT HAS LOST HER FREAKING MIND.
I've never had cats. I'm really not a fan. But this one moved herself into the bushes outside of our house 2 years ago and my animal loving child gave the guilt trip... So we have a damn cat.

And she will NOOOOOOOT leave me alone! She's constantly trying to sit on me, rub on me, talk to me... And she used to request a rub or two a day and then go back to sleeping. I've heard animals can know when you are pregnant... Is anyone else dealing with this? She's being so sweet but Damnit give me some space!

This is so sweet! I know it’s annoying but it’s so cute. I don’t have a cat (hubby is allergic and it was a genuine decision whether to marry him knowing that as I am an extreme cat person!) but our dog has for sure been behaving diffeeently. The first few weeks he was really clingy, that has worn off now but he will still come and lay his head on my stomach, and is a bit more protective of me. Apparently they can hear the heartbeat!?
I’m sure it’ll wear off soon - he lasted until I was about 8 weeks and then gradually got used to it I think (baby is still in there and okay though!).

Yeah, my cat turns into a lovey-dovey drooling purr machine when I get pregnant. He did it when I was pregnant with my son and he's doing it now. Our dog is oblivious.

Our cat, who hates people, started laying on me and being just like yours around the time I got pregnant. I feel like she knew before we did.

I'm a strong believer that animals know when we're pregnant. They say if you go swimming with dolphins while you're pregnant they can detect pregnancy in humans even before they know they are. I don't have a cat but we do live on a farm and I've noticed one of my pigs (she is pregnant too) has been very lovey-dovey with me. She won't stop following me around and will literally stand beside me for hours at a time if I let her. It's like she is trying to have a buddy to share this pregnancy with :rofl:

I also have a male sheep who is usually a rogue but he has been very easy going with me lately, like he knows somehow. It's crazy. They're better pregnancy detectors than those damn sticks lol!

Funny you should say this, my mums cat never comes to me anymore on his own accord but last night he saw me sitting on the sofa and came and jumped on my nap and snuggled in right next to my bump! X

I don't know if this was already said, but cats have toxins in there feces and it could give the baby respitory infections so stay on top of it, also... cats like to next and snuggle and suffocate people and lay whereever they want and while your baby can't move for itself it might lay on her in her crib or bassinet, so becareful with having a cat when you have a newborn.

I mean im a cat person and love all cats but they dont know what they do, they really will lay wherever they want, even on your babies face.

***nest

I don't know if this was already said, but cats have toxins in there feces and it could give the baby respitory infections so stay on top of it, also... cats like to next and snuggle and suffocate people and lay whereever they want and while your baby can't move for itself it might lay on her in her crib or bassinet, so becareful with having a cat when you have a newborn.

My granddaddy used to say this, he said it wss because their mouths smell like milk (the baby) but my mom is an RN and had worked both ld and nicu she said this is just that am old wives tale because I was freaking out when pregnant with my first because my cat never really left my room except to use the litter pan but she said this is not true they may climb in the crib but will not purposely suffocate a newborn and sure enough my cat would snuggle with my baby but never hurt him and he was declawed (i didn't declaw i adopted him this way) and I've had cats with 3 newborns and they all loved the baby.

Not saying what you said has no merit just don't want any first time mom's to freak out thinking their cat is a danger to their newborn for no reason. The kitty litter is harmful though

Aw, bless your cat <3
My two brothers - when we first had them one would ignore me and the other always wanted a cuddle. When I became pregnant it was like they swapped personalities. The one who wanted cuddles decided to ignore me and the one who ignored me wouldn't leave me alone! I think they can sense things.

Cat faeces does carry some nasty things so it's advisable pregnant women don't go near it, or at least wear gloves if you have to deal with it or if you're into gardening.
As for them sitting on baby, yes it could happen but the amount of households with cats and babies, I don't think it's a common thing BUT the sensible thing would be not to allow the cat in the same room as the baby unless you're in there to keep an eye on things. We don't allow them in our bedroom and didn't when our youngest were newborn and we didn't leave them unattended anyway obviously but I wouldn't have say put the baby down for a nap, gone to wash up and allowed any cats in at the same time. It's just common sense not to. Otherwise they don't pose a danger imo

Yep my male kitty meaows outside my bedroom door in the mornings then tries to jump up into my arms since I've been preggers and the female purrs like a friken motor when I pick her up. This started a while before I found out even!

From what I read the cats feces are dangerous when they are outdoor cats. My cat never goes outside farther than 2 feet from our front door for a total of 5 minutes at most. Im a single mom so I've stayed away as much as possible but its not always possible.

That is so cute. One of my cats has been acting weird lately We have a baby gate to keep them from coming upstairs, but lately she&#8217;s been defeating it and sneaking upstairs to try to sleep with me. If she can&#8217;t get through the gate and she hears us moving around upstairs, she stands on the landing and meows at the top of her lungs. That part is less cute!

My DH is on cat litter duty for the next 8 months! Lucky him.

From what I read the cats feces are dangerous when they are outdoor cats. My cat never goes outside farther than 2 feet from our front door for a total of 5 minutes at most. Im a single mom so I've stayed away as much as possible but its not always possible.

Oh really? That's interesting, haven't heard that before. Kind of impossible for you to completely stay away from if your cat is an indoor cat though, I'd just wear gloves to be on the safe side even though I know you're not actually handling the poo.

Funny enough we just got a bfp yesterday and one of our cats has been following me literally everywhere. When she sees me she makes a beeline ... little weirdo lol

Anytime I’ve been pregnant the cat I’ve had at the time has always acted weird. Really affectionate and vocal. Like constantly crying for attention. Also he has seemed to develop separation anxiety whenever I close the bathroom door...which he never has done before.

Anytime I’ve been pregnant the cat I’ve had at the time has always acted weird. Really affectionate and vocal. Like constantly crying for attention. Also he has seemed to develop separation anxiety whenever I close the bathroom door...which he never has done before.

OMG YES! She was already super vocal... Now she NEVER shuts the hell up! And when im in the bathroom she sits outside of the door and whines with her paw under the door going back and forth reaching for me Lol.
Im ready to throw her back outside where I found her. Not really... But the idea has crossed my mind.
One thing I am super worried about is how bad she sheds however... I literally vacuum and lint roll every day and its still everywhere. I can't handle it. We have hard floors with a large rug in each room... But there are literally piles of her fur daily...
She HATES being brushed. HAAAAATES baths even more. SHE ATTACKS ME DURING A BATH. Im not dealing with that. I don't really have the money to be taking her to a groomer... Im starting to think if I want the fur gone she has to go... Any suggestions before I start looking for another home for her? I will FREAK OUT if my baby's stuff has cat hair all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->