Anyone else's partner have azoospermia (Zero sperm count)

MissWaiting

Me, OH and Milo pup TTC 1
Reaction score
We just found out that my partner on both sperm analysis has a zero sperm count we have a blood test to run a hormone panel and genetic testing and they said he would need to go for an ultrasound but that is all we know at the moment and that ivf is likely our next step once we have more awnsers about my oh.
Anyone else going through this process or been through it ?

Only from the point of view that my partner is also a female. We started the IVF process but were also trying with a known donor at home and were lucky with a spontaneous pregnancy after we’d only spent £2000 of the expected £20000. Now 19 weeks and counting. The whole clinic thing I found incredibly stressful as I was 40 then (41 now) and the nearest facility is a 2 hr drive each way. The number of appointments was huge and my job requires lots of notice to have time off and a lot of good will from my colleagues to cover duties. My partner also wanted to come, and our known donor needed to attend on 3 occasions also so it was a lot of trying to match up everyone’s schedules and fit in with the clinic requirements too. They were very good in trying to get as many things as possible done each visit for all of us.

I was also really surprised that it was actually about £1500 more expensive overall to use a known donor rather than anonymous clinic sperm. The clinic were also a lot less familiar with the process of that and kept trying to push us towards anonymous. Very different for us compared to your situation, but we wanted our kid to have a male figure in their life as well so it was important for us to use one of our friends.

A friend of my sis had a male factor, and got pregnant via IVF x

:hi: Been there!!!

It is a HORRIBLE thing to hear... that your husband is "sterile" and that your dreams of having his child are crushed!!! Words cannot explain that feeling unless you've been there! :-( It's like a death of some sorts.

#1... take time to "grieve" TOGETHER and make time for one another.
#2... give your hubby a little extra love: he may not show it, but I guarantee you this diagnosis hurts him more than he lets on!!!
#3... find support! It's the only thing that got me thru it all!

(this is a short version of our story)
We had been trying for 12 years when we found out... it was the WORST day of my life, and I still remember it like it was yesterday. It's something you never forget! 3 years prior he was diagnosed with end stage kidney failure, and in my research of renal failure, I came across the linkage of kidney failure and infertility... and in the end it was the case for us as well. It took a while to process everything, and I withdrew into a rage-filled shell of mental hell; mad at the world and everyone in it, God included... even going as far as dumping my best friend when she told me she was pregnant. :( Then the rage turned into determination to take matters into my own hands and push forward. We decided that donor sperm was the most cost-effective route for us... picking a donor that resembled closest to my husband, ordered 3 vials and poured my soul into TTC again. We used 2 vials on unsuccessful IUI's, saving the last one for when we could afford IVF. A little over a year later we did our one and only IVF round, ending a 15 year journey with twin boys (who are almost 5 now!)

Truthfully, the fact that we used donor sperm is very "hush-hush" with us. Only a very select few know what we did, and that is the way we want it.... NOT that we are ashamed of it, but to spare our innocent children. And honestly, my husband doesn't like to talk about it, so the subject is taboo in our home. Don't get me wrong, he is a WONDERFUL father and loves those boys just like they are his real flesh and blood, because in our minds they ARE his flesh and blood! Like the saying goes "any boy can father a child, but it takes a man to be a father"... and it IS true!

Like I tell anyone that is going thru infertility.... it's all in how far you are willing to go! You are the one that has to take control of it and NOT let it take control of you..... I learned that the hard way! There is always a light at the end of a tunnel... it's just up to you as to which end you come out. Donor isn't for everyone, and I get that! But it was our only way to become parents, and I can't imagine life without my boys!

This thread saved my life, and my sanity! These women on there are the strongest women I've ever "met".... and I'll never forget where I've come from!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/problems-trying-conceive/376424-dealing-azoospermia.html

Feel free to PM me if I can help in any way!

We just found out that my partner on both sperm analysis has a zero sperm count we have a blood test to run a hormone panel and genetic testing and they said he would need to go for an ultrasound but that is all we know at the moment and that ivf is likely our next step once we have more awnsers about my oh.
Anyone else going through this process or been through it ?

I know the feeling! I see that this thread is a bit older, have you found a way forward? I'm always glad to chat privately and share how we worked it out. Thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->