anyone elses preemie keep getting the cold.?

dippy

Reaction score
hi all. for those of u who might have preemies- mine seems to have gotten the cold literally every 2 weeks it stays for a week goes and then comes back a week later. i really dont know what to do about it but it stresses me out coz it affects her feeding when she has a bad throat im sick of it.

on top of that i worry about the bloomin swine flu- preemies should be vaccinated against it i think.!!!

so any tips advice reassurance would be good. thanks xxxx

Hi,

Millie seems very susceptible to colds too, not every other month, but if there is one going round she will inevitibly catch it. I think alot of premmies are more open to catching these little bugs, unfortunately. But I think you're right about the swine flu jab, Millie has had it, and I think that if you contacted your consultant, or immunisations doctor if your LO has one they will probably vaccinate. Hope your little one is better soon, it will be spring before we know it now, and hopefully colds will be a distant memory.....until around October!

Poppy has had a cold for nearly 2 weeks now :o( Been to the drs a week ago and chest was clear then. Would you go back again seeing as she still has a cold or just ride it out? Also wondering about the swine flu jab...

J has had colds twice and both times ended up on antibiotics for a secondary chest infection :(
He never seems really bothered though but it's horrible seeing him wheeze. He's seeing his consultant tomorrow so I'll see what he thinks about RSV and swine flu jabs for him.

I think babies have to be 6 months actual before they can get it, it's just in the normal flu jab now but my paed said every premmie especially micro premmies should get the flu jab every year until they are 5. Ds gets the rsv vaccine but I've a cold at the minute & terrified I'll give it to him

We don't get RSV jabs as he didn't fulfill the criteria for having it, but apparently the guidance is now changing and he does fit from October. Anyway his consultant listened to his chest and thinks he has had bronchiolitis so he's booked him in for the last RSV jab in a couple of weeks. He's coughing quite badly though now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->