Anyone else's wee smell different when they're pregnant?!

Paloma123

Cooking number 2
Reaction score
Since becoming pregnant my urine smells awful. I can't even explain it, it's like a nasty, sweet, smell. Diet is still more or less the same and not dehydrated, so I am guessing it's the hormones.

Or there's something wrong with me!! Like a urine infection!

Anyone else noticed this? I think I had it last pregnancy as well, can't remember though as my brain has been frazzled from 16 months of motherhood. X

It might be from the prenatal vitamins. When you go to the dr they will do a urine culture and if they find something they will tell you. Other than that I don't know what else to say. Welcome to the lovely pregnancy club.
:flower:

Yep same here I have to hold my breath as it makes me want to gag a little lol still got a bit of nausea.. I'll let you know if theres any hope of it going! :thumbup:

This is hilarious, because a few weeks ago, I was using the washroom and thinking, "Why do people love that new baby smell? It smells just like pregnant pee." lol

Yeah it makes me feel even more sick, suffering from nausea too so this does not help at all!! X

the increase in smell might have nothing to do with your urine but everything to do with the increase to the sensitivity of your nose! Your sense of smell can be heightened in pregnancy therefore making your urine "smell" worse, but really there's not change in the urine, just your nose =) If you're not displaying any other signs of a UTI then I'd not worry. But if you have fever, pain while urinating, painful bladder, etc then mention it to your doctor

I was literally thinking this this morning!! Glad I'm not the only one!

Yeah agree, though like PP said wonder if it's our sensitive pregnant noses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->