anyone ever experienced a blighted ovum?

Worriedk

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced a blighted ovum and went on to have a healthy pregnancy? I had a blighted ovum and i am so nervous about going on to get pregnant again as im scared it will happen again. Anyne ever had repeated blighted ovum? I'd appreciate hearing other peoples experiences.
many thanks
x

i had a blighted ovum hun. mine was descovered at my 9 week scan back in july and i had o have D&C to remove it almost 2 weeks later on july 16th...am still devistated.
unfortunalty i cant comment about having a healthy pregnancy afterwards as we are still ttc (my second cycle since the d&c) although i believe the chances of a healthy pregnancy afterwards are excellent....thats what the medical team told me and i have googled it too.

when was yours hunni?
and huge hugs.....i know how much it hurts xxx

Hi, thanks soooo much for the reply, i really do appreciate it! Im sorry to hear of your loss. I think we will always be heart broken. It is so devastating but i do believe that time is a healer. Ijust really dread the due date!! I even get dead emotional watching silly things on tv; i got by OH to turn off cornation street yesterday because of the new baby etc! I do think it will always be hard but i do think it will get easier.
I had mine at 8 weeks. Had d&c 5th Aug. It was so traumatic and il never forget it - im sure u know yourself. Its good to have people here to talk to who have been through same thing; i find it really helps!
Fell pregnant very quick so hoping for same again. In first cycle of ttc again so heres hoping. Just hope its not too soon to start but dr said to me today that there is absolutely no reason not to start trying again!
I glead to hear your medical team have said there is excellent chance; that is so reassuring! I honestly havent researched too much into it as im too scared to hear something i dont like!
Anyway, thanks again and big hugs to u.
xo

I am so sorry for your loss. To say it is an emotional thing to go through is an understatement but it does get easier - as you say time is a healer. I had a blighted ovum before I had my dd (who is now nearly 10) I waited one cycle to try again and was very lucky to get pg on that cycle. Of course you will worry when you do get pg again but the docs were very supportive and gave me several early scans just to make sure all was okay. I wish you lots of luck in trying and hope you get your sticky bean very soon. Hugs, Donna xxx

I had a blighted ovum. I was my first miscarriage. Most people who have a blighted ovum go on to have a normal pregnancy. I had never heard of a blighted ovum till I had one.

I've had 2. First was discovered at 10 week scan. Second was discovered at 11 week scan. Hoping I'll have a success story for you in a few weeks... I'd love a BFP and a heartbeat!

I had a blighted ovum in May this year - I'd never heard of it before but self diagnosed from google after I had a private scan where I was told I probably had my dates wrong, hence the empty sac.

I'm now pregnant again and have seen the heartbeat on an early scan - I really needed to see it to reassure me it wasn't happening again.

Hope you all get your BFPs soon !

:dust:

I had a blighted ovum in June last year discovered at 12 weeks, I'm currently 25 weeks and so far so good I too had an early scan as was terrified it would happen again.

Hope you get your BFP soon x

hiya hun, im so sorry for ur loss :hugs:

i had a blighted ovum in january. still ttc, but hoping for a bfp soon! got a gynae appointment in a couple of weeks so hoping to get some answers, as my cycles are up the wall!

hope u get ur bfp soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"