Anyone ever had a 24hr ECG?

Misscalais

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
So I ended up in the ER last night as I have been experiencing a racing heart on and off for a few mths now but yesterday it lasted for a few hrs. I had a ECG and bloods taken and now have to organize to have a 24 hr ECG.
:sad2:
Just feeling worried about what might be wrong.

I have SVT and am on Bisoprolol - my heart races without warning because i have an accessory pathway.

Here's some links to explain mine :flow:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supraventricular_tachycardia
https://heartdisease.about.com/od/palpitationsarrhythmias/g/Accessory-Pathway.htm

I live normally day to day.
But have an anxiety disorder because of this SVT and take medication for that too.

I avoid caffeine, dont drink or take drugs as this can bring on SVT.

Try not to worry :hugs: after your 24hr ECG they'll hopefully know more. I spent two years without diagnosis.

I haven't had a 24hr ECG but its just cables and a box fitted to your belt, so thats not too scary :hugs: xxxx

My mum had a 24 hour ECG and it was bloody typical that her heart didn't race at all in that 24 hours! She never got a diagnosis officially but it has become obvious now that it is anxiety related.

The actual equipment wasn't a problem and no one really noticed it. I hope you get to the bottom of your problem and that it's not anything too serious xxx

Thanks for your reply girls. Mine is triggered my caffeine and alcohol as well but also just randomly happens as well. Hopefully we will find out what's up soon. I'm worried it won't play up when I get tested as well lol

Thanks for your reply girls. Mine is triggered my caffeine and alcohol as well but also just randomly happens as well. Hopefully we will find out what's up soon. I'm worried it won't play up when I get tested as well lol

it might not, but next time it happens you need to go straight to your hospital A&E (not sure in aus, is it called emergency room?) so they can hook you up to an ECG straight away to see whats going on :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->