Anyone ever made a complaint to the Job centre?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
OH missed his signing on appointment last monday - he was preoccupided helping my dad and worrying about a job interview the next day.

Anyway, he realised and went in on the thurs (he realised weds inght when he found his NEW book as they had changed his dates).

Anyway, he says the woman was down right partonising and rude to him - to the point he actually had to ask her to stop speaking to him in that tone of voice.
He figures that she jsut assumed that as he was on JSA and we live in Tillydrone he was scum :growlmad:!! OK, he missed his appointment...........but really they had been NO help job search wise..........he had now got a job that HE got himself........the ONE that the JC forawrded wa useless as it had very specific qualificatins requirement - none of which he had.

So he wants to lodge a complain about how the woman behaved towards him and her general attitude.

He got a letter today saying his JSA is stopped as of the 10th.............which is fine anyways as he starts his new job on monday.

Has anyone done this before?

Yes I have hun when I was on Job seekers after having dd1 and very pregnant with dd2. My "advisor" was very rude to me told me a lot of incorrect information which was against what I stated in my job seekers agreement that I could do. I left it the week I saw him, but when I next went in I spoke to someone else and they told me to complain.

I wrote a letter stating how thew advisor had spoken to me, how he maade me feel and how he had givin me incorrect information which I checked with another member of staff about as I didn't think it was right. Two other members of staff advised me to complain and in fact I was told off record that he'd received a few complaints regarding his attitude.

After sending it in, I think about a week later I received a letter from the "manager" who aplogised and transferred me to see another advisor, but when I went in to see him I was signing off as I was about to have dd2.

Tell you husband to go ahead and complain. I feel a lot of people who work there do look down on you because you don't have a job and are trying to look for one. Just list all the facts and state everything that has happened. along with dates and times if he can remember them as that will help too.

Yes, me and DF were making a joint claim. Our adviser was awful! She was so rude and spoke to us like children. I could of easily have gone mad at her but we made a complaint and asked to see a different adviser, I wrote down everything she had said to us including the dirty looks she gave us. I also wrote down that she was illiterate and made a mess of our agreements! She had stopped typing and left unfinished sentences on them with lots of spelling mistakes because she had kept us there for over an hour and a half just to sign on and the other advisers were telling her to hurry up.

I was also given incorrect information and we received an apology letter. Even though he now has a job, please don't let it be.

Funny you should say this, DH made a complaint because they messed up his last payment. They returned his call, and the woman who left a message on his answering machine she obviously didn't know the full story (and that THEY had cocked up) DH played the message to me and all I could hear was this horrid judgemental voice on the phone telling DH he was in the wrong. She might as well called him scum.

Funny you should say this, DH made a complaint because they messed up his last payment. They returned his call, and the woman who left a message on his answering machine she obviously didn't know the full story (and that THEY had cocked up) DH played the message to me and all I could hear was this horrid judgemental voice on the phone telling DH he was in the wrong. She might as well called him scum.

Thats it..........OH said she was so horrid! Thing is, our down stairs neighbour works with them, so if we are 'scum' then so is that guy, haha( in fact he is a pot head who has been caught driving without insurance a few times.......... (probably cos I keep reporting him for doing it!).
The advisor he saw last time was FAB, and when oh showed him all the job applications he had made the guy said that really, they were of no help to him as he was doing more than they expected.
I told OH to complain and also to go back to sign off, ask to speak to the same woman and tell her how much he is getting.......its likely more than she is paid (which probably explains her sour attitude!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->