Anyone fall pregnant from the pull out method?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I'm asking this for a friend. I've personally never had it happen but just was wondering if anyone on here is currently pregnant or has ever fallen pregnant from using the withdrawl method? My friend just came off the pill a few weeks ago and has been using that method until she gets her first period, then plans to try for a baby. She swears her OH never ejaculated in her but she had a random bout of cramping last night (possibly implantation?) and her period isn't due for a week so she can't take a pregnancy test yet. I would love to hear your thoughts :flower:

It's entirely possible. I'm trained in sexual health and somewhat in contraception and basically people get pregnant all the time using pull out. There's 'pre cum' which can contain sperm at the start of sex and it can happen during.

It's not an effective method at all really.

It's not likely but it's possible. If my thinking is correct, it's most likely when the man has recently ejaculated previously, as sperm is left in his penis and it gets "washed out" with the precum which otherwise doesn't contain sperm.

We used it for over a year and had no issues. We used a condom and it came off and here I am surprise pregnant with number four haha

I've used this method since my daughter was born 6 years ago & for the two years before we started TTC also.

I've used this method for years and I've never fallen pregnant that way

I've literally just taken a test to discover I'm pregnant with number 4 and we were using the pull out method!!! Have been since had our youngest who is only 8 months old!

People get pregnant using the pullout method because they don't pullout in time. :haha: That's how my DS1 happened, :lol: OH got carried away and just didn't pullout and voila, baby on the way. :haha: But if they pullout when they've already started orgasming then you can get the same result. It's less likely to be anything to do with pre-cum, though it's my understanding that if a guy has ejaculated recently and hasn't 'cleared the pipes' with a wee, then there might be some little swimmers still hanging around, though I think this is much rarer than people think and it's usually just due to not pulling out in time.

I don't even know how the pull out method is a thing! It's not safe, and it's irresponsible to practice this method. It won't prevent stds or pregnancy. I think it's so ridiculous that with all the available methods of contraception people think this would work, and then get upset when they catch disease or fall pregnant. Men produce pre cum, which can contain sperm but in smaller amounts, it's luck or fertility issues which stop pregnancy, nothing else. And it's similar to women using the timing method, which again is very easy to get wrong. It's basic sex education. Sorry for ranting but this really winds me up - I work for social services and have to speak to so many people who have got themselves into horrible situations because of this and it's just completely unnecessary, as there are so many ways to practice safe sex!

My first baby was a "pull out method" baby... She's almost 15 :haha:

Just found out I'm pregnant with baby number 3 that way lol :haha:

I know its not completely the best route to go as bc. Its pretty common knowledge that it isnt. It caught me because ended up ovulating sooner than I normally do. We don't have sex at all when I'm ovulating.

We've used pull out for 13 years and the only pregnancies we've had were the two that were planned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->