Anyone fasting next month?

bunni84

Reaction score
So its Ramadan next month, wondered if we have any other Muslims here?

I am wondering if im fasting and i conceive will it harm the baby? they are 18 hour fasts....hmm, wonder if it will affect my cycle as well...:shrug:

I'm no expert, as its your religious 'thing' but i thought, the very old, the very young, the sick, breastfeeding and pregnant women, didn't fast?

:) :hugs: xxxx

if you fall pregnant you should not fast ( it won't harm the baby but it won't be good for you or the growing baby not aving enough nutrients) and will be except from it (I have worked with Muslim ladies in the health care profession so have some understanding)

fasting 'may' affect your cycles. has it affected periods before??
x

i never tracked my periods until this year so no idea....

but i wont know if im pregnant until time of period..so could have been fasting in the 2WW

hmm...

and yes children pregnant and breastfeeding are exempt from fasting,....

My sister- in -law did during her first pregnancy and everything went perfectly fine:winkwink:. well, tbh if you're just ttc you shouldn't leave them and trust me even if you did conceive, it won't harm your baby at all. eat well balanced diet and don't forget to take your iron supplements and you can stop fasting asa you find a positive pregnancy test.:haha:
btw I never fasted during all my 3 pregnancies.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

My sister- in -law did during her first pregnancy and everything went perfectly fine:winkwink:. well, tbh if you're just ttc you shouldn't leave them and trust me even if you did conceive, it won't harm your baby at all. eat well balanced diet and don't forget to take your iron supplements and you can stop fasting asa you find a positive pregnancy test.:haha:
btw I never fasted during all my 3 pregnancies.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

cool thanks for the advice :thumbup:

I fasted all 4 pregnancies with no problems at all. This pregnancy, I did go to the midwife weekly during Ramadan just to be sure, but everything was great! :thumbup:

If you conceive during ramadan you will not even notice it & it will not harm your baby. Many of my friends conceived in ramadan & they fasted with no problems & now they have healthy babies. Unless morning sickness hit early, you dont really feel that you'r pregnant or need much extra nutrients during the 1st few weeks of pregnancy. As long as you eat a balanced diet & take your folic acid it should be fine.

I was in my 3rd tri during ramadan when I was pregnant & I fasted the whole month. I was adding lots of weight & I had lots of water retention, fasting helped in regulating my water retention & weight gaining.

If you conceive during ramadan you will not even notice it & it will not harm your baby. Many of my friends conceived in ramadan & they fasted with no problems & now they have healthy babies. Unless morning sickness hit early, you dont really feel that you'r pregnant or need much extra nutrients during the 1st few weeks of pregnancy. As long as you eat a balanced diet & take your folic acid it should be fine.

I was in my 3rd tri during ramadan when I was pregnant & I fasted the whole month. I was adding lots of weight & I had lots of water retention, fasting helped in regulating my water retention & weight gaining.

oh ok thank you for the info!!

happy Ramadan to all who fasting from tomorrow!! :thumbup:

Hi ladies i have this concern as well. i always fast for ramadan but we have been ttc for awhile and i miscarried last month at 8 weeks. iam scared that if i fast now during the 2ww and find out i am pregnant that i will hurt the baby and never forgive myself. i know water is very important because of all the extra blood and fluid your body is producing. on the other hand if am not pregnant all the worry will be for nothingand i will feel bad for not fasting. any of you ladies have fear of another early miscarriage?

Hi ladies i have this concern as well. i always fast for ramadan but we have been ttc for awhile and i miscarried last month at 8 weeks. iam scared that if i fast now during the 2ww and find out i am pregnant that i will hurt the baby and never forgive myself. i know water is very important because of all the extra blood and fluid your body is producing. on the other hand if am not pregnant all the worry will be for nothingand i will feel bad for not fasting. any of you ladies have fear of another early miscarriage?

you wont damage yourself....dont worry, long as you drink water before fast starts and afterwards you will be ok....baby takes what it needs anyways

i never been pregnant so cant comment on M/C

well i started fasting on cycle day 23 and realised i O'd cycle day 25...im going to have 38 day cycle...this is long!! (as per my journal in my signature)

that couldnt have affected me..as i usually O on day 18...hmm confused...i did an OPK day 24+25 and now im getting really bad AF pains...if it was original dates i would be starting AF tomorrow or something...not a week later....

confused!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->