anyone feel guilty ttc number 2?

loren1234

Reaction score
We are ntnp, in fact I'm 4 days late but got bfn yesterday. I really want another baby but can't shake this niggling feeling of guilt/worry that I have. I think it's because my dd is only 19 months and still breastfeeding so still very much needs me. I worry how another baby will affect her and also worry I won't love the new baby as much as her as we have an amazing bond. Anyone else feel the same? X

Hello I also sometimes think I won't love the new baby as much because u feel like u couldn't love anything anymore than them .. IV said this to a few people with two or more and all have said they felt the same way but when no 2 has come along there is enough love for both :) and think it will be at least 9 months till ur new one so ur lo will be older and may not still be bf ? Hope this helps your not alone xx

I've got 2 and trust me, the second your second is born it's immediate love. At least for me it was. I prepared my youngest (who was only 15 months when I got pregnant), he knew there was a baby in my tummy. Now they are best friends at 3.5 and 1.5. They adjust.

My son is only 16 months. I feel so guilty. Like I'm some how abandoning my son. I also feel guilty because it's obvious my step son (who is 5) is my in laws "favorite" and I don't want to put that on any other lo :(

I think of it in that a sibling is the best gift I could give my DD.i'm an only child and as a child was always jealous of my friends who had siblings. We're TTC#2 and DD is just over 13mo.

I look at it in the same way as atleastthree. Our DD is almost 2 and I truly believe she'd love to have a sibling to play with :) I too question if I could love a second like I love my DD but I'm sure I will :)

My DD is 14 and I initially felt like I needed her to be "ok" with it before I even started trying! Of course I've long since gotten over that, but a bit of guilt lingers. I guess in a way it kind of feels like I'm cheating on her since she's been my only one for so long. Still now that we are expecting, and I know she is actually thrilled at the prospect of finally being a big sister I can't help but to laugh a little at my initial fear about trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->