Anyone Feel Like Helping Me Do Some Ovulation Math?

EBAUERHAUS

2 baby boys!
Reaction score
It won't matter much longer because I'll have my first appointment soon, but I was wondering if those of you who know a lot of ovulation facts would like to do some math for me? (Maybe this isn't the right forum for this, if not let me know and I'll post elsewhere.)

I'm currently 9 weeks, 2 days pregnant according to LMP.
I have my first appointment in a week. They're going to be doing a dating scan at the appointment and I guess I was thinking doing a little bit of math would make me feel better if I'm measuring behind at the appointment, even though I know measurements can vary a bit in the early stages.

According to my period tracker app, my "fertile window" was February 7-11, with ovulation supposedly happening on the 11th, but really I don't know when it actually happened. Last period was January 28th.

If we only dtd the 7th, 9th, and 11th, how early or late could I have ovulated and still gotten pregnant?

I took my first pregnancy test on the 22nd of Feb (11 dpo, I thought) and got a definite positive.

My calculations:
Earliest I could have ovulated - Feb 6 (Would put me at 10 weeks, even, today)
Latest I could have ovulated - Possibly Feb 14th? (Putting me at 8 weeks, 6 days, today)

^ Tell me if I'm wrong, but what I did to get those dates is counted up to today, then added two weeks. Does that make sense, or am I crazy? Haha.
Also, if we first DTD on the 7th, the 6th would be the earliest I could have ovulated, because the egg doesn't stay around for more than a 24 hour period, right?

So, anyway. Weird post, I know. I'm just trying to think of how to keep from worrying too hard, if they tell me my dates are a little behind...
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me tackle this for peace of mind. For all I know, it's untackleable. :dohh:

I would say sex after day of ovulation is probably too late, as sperm take a while to reach the egg plus I think it's 24hours at the very most that the egg lives for, usually less. So I would say ovulation could have happened starting 7th and I would run through to 15th cos sperm can live up to 4 days (sometimes more) waiting for the the egg. Hope that helps x

Your dates line up perfectly with mine lol , imp for me was the 29th. Only dtd the 11 and 12, my 8 week 1 day ultrasound showed baby 8+2. So pretty spot on.
I agree with previous poster that you probably ovulated the 7th-14th, although that would have put you at 8dpo for bfp which isn't unheard of just really early!! Good luck with your scan!!

Ah! Hooray for matching dates. :)

That would be an early BFP, true, and it definitely wasn't a squinter, either. So, I'm hoping my dates are correct and I'm right on par for what the baby is measuring. That'd be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->