Anyone feel scared?

Avalanche

Reaction score
I'm getting so panicky about being pregnant. I think part of it is that we don't know if baby is ok as we're waiting to hear back from genetics as there's an issue. (DD is a carrier and we don't know yet if baby is affected and pregnancy can continue).

I've had three scans so far and I feel myself getting really panicky in the waiting rooms seeing the mums who are further along in their pregnancies. OH has tried to take me shopping for maternity clothes but again I get panicky and don't want to be in the shop. I don't feel bonded to the baby but at the same time I worry about baby.

Please tell me someone else has felt the same.

I am terrified there is somethibg wrong with the baby - even though I have no reason to worry. I think its normal to a certain extent. Pregbancy does come with risk and each time we fall pregnant we take the risk but hopefully everything shoukd and will be ok.

I have my 12 week scan and I know when I go I will be very nervous about everything. I worry if something is wrong and I have to decide whether to continue the pregnancy or not. Say the baby is very sick and unlikely to survive. I just do not think I could cope with that decision and I really pray I would never need to make it. But there is a chance. Until the baby is in my arms safely I will always worry Bout the unknown. But I think 12 week scan is the first reassurance as it is the first time baby is assessed.

I feel the same! There are moments where I think that "I can't do this! What am I doing?!" and others where I'm okay. I also don't feel bonded to the baby in my stomach and that scares me more lol. I want this… It just doesn't seem real.

I am with you on the feeling scared. I have 2 boys, first one healthy and bright as a button, second one was born with severe epilepsy is disabled. He is non verbal and a wheelchair user which I have to push. There was no obvious genetic reason for all his problems and he has had numerous tests. I have a new partner now, and am 7 weeks gone and there are times when I worry if this little bean will be OK. But then my youngest has brought so much joy to the family that even if there were problems I know we would manage. But it is scary. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->